Announcement PR wreck so far...

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 3:43 am

I believe we can disregard any differences between win7 and win10 until Chrome stops being updated for win7 or win7 can't benefit from specific functions.

Especially since in C3 it's all browser based and even works fine on a ChromeBook

The only major changes between win10 and win7 that are coming is new CPU support for AMD Ryzen, which I doubt will affect browsers.
Someone will probably at the very least make an open source driver for ReactOS that may work with Win7 just fine for that. https://www.reactos.org/
Last edited by Thndr on Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:14 am

Thndr wrote:I believe we can disregard any differences between win7 and win10 Chrome stops being updated for win7 or win7 can't benefit from specific functions.

Especially since in C3 it's all browser based and even works fine on a ChromeBook

The only major changes between win10 and win7 that are coming is new CPU support for AMD Ryzen, which I doubt will affect browsers.
Someone will probably at the very least make an open source driver for ReactOS that may work with Win7 just fine for that. https://www.reactos.org/

Huh, Chrome stops being updated for Win7, the op system C2 is approved for???
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:21 am

pinoypixel wrote:@ashley and @tom, @everyone .. I do love C1 and really love C2, I couldn't thank you more and will definitely support C3. Report issues and promote the product. Personally $99 annual is fine on my end, obviously not for everyone. Saying the price up front is definitely bold and honest way of dealing things early on. I see alot of people here are willing to pay a certain recurring payment amount, if you can somehow device a way to make a price tier that will cater to everyone's needs. It will also increase your paying audience. BTW great screenshots for C3 running in chrome. Thanks.

Imagine ( $99*10,000(paying users) ) / 12 months = $82,500 only for monthly gross. Everyone should know that this amount is very small if you are maintain quality staffs, employees, servers, paying tax and rentals. For all other people complaining give these guys some credits! They will provide a free version of C3 and C2 is still supported so lets provide a decent support for scirra.

No corporate pitty train, save it for a charity fundraiser.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:23 am

To be honest, being up front is better. And by the way, everyone is so riled up that they will back every friday to check on the new announcements so there is plenty of time to convince everyone. If you have as many new features as there are fridays left I'm going to be happy.
B
S

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 7:49 am

Bleenx wrote:
Zonacas wrote:I hope that the subscription model fails miserably and so learn to listen to the community

Ah, that's poor form. You shouldn't ever wish failure on anyone. It's easy to be bummed, but take a breather on that thinking.

You're wrong, it's not personal, I do not wish bad things to anyone, I was going to buy C3, but I do not want a subscriptions system, that's why I want it to fail, but I do not want C3 to fail, only the subscriptions system

can you understand it?
CODE FOR FUN
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 10:47 am

3DPiper wrote:With all the talk of the other software I took a look at Clickteam's Fusion 2.5.. Wow, it looks like it would be so easy to jump right in, it looks SO similar to C2 (who came first?).. Nice gallery of games (several I recognize on Xbox One), good pricing scheme..

Clickteam fusion came first. Clickteam goes way back to the 90ies, when they released KLIK&PLAY- the grand daddy of the event sheet visual programming style.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clickteam
I am not exactly sure how the story went, but it is said that scirra devs used to be clickteam fusion users. Then they broke away from it and created construct. Clickteam saw that as a betrayal - as construct built and improved upon a lot of the design ideas in fusion. The two have been competing ever since and both have pros and cons

I found fusion devs and community to be very very welcoming in general. When I bought it years ago, the original founder personally contacted me via email and answered some of my questions. One thing to note is that Fusion has many mainstream games for a number of different platforms - much much more than construct has. 5 nights at freddy's for example was made in it. The reason for that is most probably the better performance. Currently fusion 2.5's event sheet is clunkier than construct's, but previews of fusion 3 show that clickteam is working hard to make the event sheet and code reusal way better than construct's current design. They are competition to be reckoned with, as they have many years of experience over scirra and their developer community has released many successful games - again many more than construct's

I wouldn't go through the trouble of warning scirra about this if I wasn't concerned about the future of construct3 with the new licensing model and their release timing being around the time clickteam releases fusion 3. It is most unfortunate
Last edited by blurymind on Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:49 am

blurymind wrote:Currently fusion 2.5's event sheet is clunkier than construct's, but previews of fusion 3 show that clickteam is working hard to make the event sheet and code reusal way better than construct's current design.

Can you show me how are they trying to make it better? For what I've heard they'll keep the old event system. I was surprised by that, but if they do remake, I'd take a look at how they plan on doing so.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 11:55 am

Zonacas wrote:
Bleenx wrote:
Zonacas wrote:I hope that the subscription model fails miserably and so learn to listen to the community

Ah, that's poor form. You shouldn't ever wish failure on anyone. It's easy to be bummed, but take a breather on that thinking.

You're wrong, it's not personal, I do not wish bad things to anyone, I was going to buy C3, but I do not want a subscriptions system, that's why I want it to fail, but I do not want C3 to fail, only the subscriptions system

can you understand it?

No, you're wrong! It's very personal.

You said "I hope that the subscription model fails miserably and so learn to listen to the community". First of all you're saying that you personally want it to fail...

Second, you want it to fail so that you don't have to buy a subscription system. That sounds pretty personal too.

If the subscription system is a massive success, then that's only a bad thing for you, because you don't want to pay it.

So now you're coming across as inconsiderate, selfish and lacking in moral character. Finally, the fact you came back to argue against these blatant points also makes you foolish.

As I keep saying, I don't care about the subscriptions. People want to learn Game Dev? Learn using Construct 2, or any number of other dev tools. I'll try C3 for the first year, then weigh up my options.

Just please, Scirra, release some actual features that game developers might find useful or interesting, not features that are only really interesting to you guys.

So far we've just seen what looks like Construct 2 working in a Chrome tab. I haven't seen anything worth an upgrade price.

Speaking of which, Chrome crashed on me yesterday out of the blue. Gave me cause for concern...
@bearboxmedia
www.bearboxmedia.com

Nintendo Wii U Developer using Construct 2
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:02 pm

glerikud wrote:
blurymind wrote:Currently fusion 2.5's event sheet is clunkier than construct's, but previews of fusion 3 show that clickteam is working hard to make the event sheet and code reusal way better than construct's current design.

Can you show me how are they trying to make it better? For what I've heard they'll keep the old event system. I was surprised by that, but if they do remake, I'd take a look at how they plan on doing so.

Fusion 3 that is coming out later this year has a development blog

The new event sheet will have sub events and you will be able to create event sheet hierarchies
http://www.clickteam.com/fusion-3-devel ... ?f3id=8656
http://www.clickteam.com/fusion-3-devel ... ?f3id=8607

You will be also able to create plugins for the engine by using the event sheet - no programming knowledge required.

Check out the other entries in the dev blog, some of the new features are very interesting
http://www.clickteam.com/fusion-3-development-blog

If you would like to request features for the event sheet, feel free to drop by ct's forum and state your thoughts
Last edited by blurymind on Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Feb 03, 2017 12:03 pm

@AnD4D You do not understand what i mean

por cierto te lo dire en español

No hay más necio que el que no quiere entender ni aprender.
CODE FOR FUN
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion