Announcing the Construct 3 suggestions platform

Post » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:45 am

@drexegar - unfortunately Javascript can't cause a paste event. We'll try and think of a workaround.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 12, 2017 2:42 pm

Ashley wrote:@drexegar - unfortunately Javascript can't cause a paste event. We'll try and think of a workaround.

OH WOOOOOW! I'm sorry to hear.

Well is there a way we can go into a mode where you can slide the events up and down on mobile like the desktop version? Then you can add an option to just duplicate an event or action right under it and we can just move it, that can work right?

UPDATE - I found a workaround for Android phones. Download the "Hacker's keyboard app" for free.

1. Set up the keyboard and select the full 5 row keyboard layout

2. Turn on the "permanent notification" option, this allows to call the keyboard anytime you want (I have no idea why they didn't add the option to the button press when you can use buttons to control size and close keyboard)

3. Now you call the keyboard on the top menu at anytime and hit ctrl V for a paste! Now I can paste events on my phone!

(I have an LG stylo 3 a 5.7 inch screen with a decent stylus, Its great with construct and great for speed pixeling with the pixly app for graphics)
Last edited by drexegar on Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
B
S

Post » Wed Apr 12, 2017 3:23 pm

How come Ctrl+C and Ctrl-V work in the event sheet but not in the Layout view? If It's not allowing to add something to clipboard, maybe it would be possible to save the UID and properties of an object, when pressing CTRL+C and just duplicate it when you press Ctrl+V ? Possible workaround?
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:00 pm

tunepunk wrote:How come Ctrl+C and Ctrl-V work in the event sheet but not in the Layout view?

They do work in the layout view too. It's just sometimes the layout view has to asynchronously generate the data to copy, by which time it's no longer in a copy event and so it no longer has permission to copy. As a workaround it shows a dialog and pressing the button allows the copy to happen. It's a silly situation and I'm trying to get some spec work done to fix it.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 12, 2017 4:40 pm

Funny that copy, and paste is restricted, but drag, and drop is fine, and dandy.
Image ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 13, 2017 11:55 am

Then it must be read as oc-copy-ed by something. :idea:
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Thu May 04, 2017 10:10 am

In Construct 3 you are giving us new feature "App build service"
But what about construct 2 users, Where we will go
I have recently buy construct 2 about 1 year back but I can't afford Construct 3 now.
If you are giving same feature for Construct 2 users too then our life will go set but if not then we will be like homeless.
Confirmation required
B
S
G

Post » Sat May 06, 2017 9:14 am

1) It would be great if their will be some Pre Made Shapes in Image Editor
for example: Star, Hands Sign, Arrow, Bells, Play button, Pause button etc
2) Collision Round Shape
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 14, 2017 9:26 pm

celstrider wrote:I would like to see the "set css style" action for buttons and other form objects expanded upon.

As it stands right now you either have to make a new action for each style change, which just takes too long.
or you can add a text object and set web font to reference a style sheet, but that isn't intuitive.

it would be nice if there was a editor window that allows you to enter multiple css styles quickly and can change the style depending on the button's state (clicked, hover, ect.).

Given that the full version of C3 seems to have expanded CSS support (Click File > Add new > Stylesheet) - I wouldn't be surprised if this suggestion is already implemented.

... Now if we could use CSS to build menus, animations and objects, I would be very, very excited!
B
S
G

Post » Sun May 14, 2017 9:40 pm

Image ImageImage
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion