Annoying bug T_T (FIXED)

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:43 pm

I'll just explain it, but he should edit his post too (and put "Solved" in the title):

He selected "Enable Scripting" in the Application Properties without knowing the difference between Events and Python. He didn't have the Python Libraries installed, so it caused his game to crash.

I think there should be a better warning when someone doesn't have the Python Libraries. Maybe an error message saying that it can't find Python?

Edit: Yeah, it is NOT a bug.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 11, 2010 12:02 am

[quote="Mr Wolf":8meyuc4b] He didn't have the Python Libraries installed, so it caused his game to crash.
[/quote:8meyuc4b]

There is a big popup when you enable scripting and build and exe that says to copy over the python26.dll into the game directory. I'm not sure how much more of a warning can be given. Technically, you shouldn't need the Python libraries installed. Just copy the Dll over.

However, either way I agree it would be helpful if the error message stated that Python could not be found.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Feb 28, 2011 11:26 am

I know this topic is old and dead, but I'm interested in using Python and don't get any pop-ups with information on what to do with the python26.dll

I've installed python, but where do I need to copy the .dll to?

Thanks
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic