Another wasted weekend...Scirra, that's two out of three.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
A slots game template designed to be skin-able for mobile

I work all week and weekend is the only time I have to work with C3. This is the second weekend out of three that I've been roadblocked with issues out of my control - but within Scirra's. The first weekend was a blackscreen issue with a bug in Admob, this weekend it's the build server timing out on asking for an xCode build.

"waiting to build...." - then a timeout.

That's 2 out of my 52 subscribed weekends I can't use the C3 application. The third weekend I was out of town - so who knows about that one.

Scirra, how do we get time tacked onto our subscription when the tools we are paying for don't work? Does the Scirra staff all take the weekend off? Where do we go for help at weekend to fix the build server etc?

Thanks

This is the forum, where users ask each other questions, and post our opinions.

Here is the link to the contact page:

https://www.construct.net/contact

Here is a link to a tutorial for the cli which works offline.

https://www.construct.net/tutorials/bui ... ova-cli-21

This is the forum, where users ask each other questions, and post our opinions.

Here is the link to the contact page:

https://www.construct.net/contact

Here is a link to a tutorial for the cli which works offline.

https://www.construct.net/tutorials/bui ... ova-cli-21

Then here's an opinion - this is unacceptable for a subscription model. Here's another, I'm being charged for usage of a build server that isn't working - in my opinion, users should be compensated.

As for the linked tutorial, why would I pay for a build service, but then do it myself offline?

How's that, better?

Then here's an opinion - this is unacceptable for a subscription model. Here's another, I'm being charged for usage of a build server that isn't working - in my opinion, users should be compensated.

As for the linked tutorial, why would I pay for a build service, but then do it myself offline?

How's that, better?

nope, the moment you click purchase on C2/C3 you agree with the agreements you buy a software that is in development and with that in mind you move forward, outside the fact no digital content downloaded will ever be refunded once you accept the terms and conditions of the payment.

If you can do everything yourself offline, why buy a tool just use ur notepad/android studio and start building the app, complaints like this are irrelevant, and the only reason you are posting is that you want to hustle the developers to get ur money back because you found a probably better solution for your current problem and you need the money to get it. otherwise there is no reason for this type of behavior or posting.

Many C2/C3 users are not satisfied with some of the features however we all understand is a work in progress is not like scirra said its all 100% completed, and to be frankly is impossible to say something like that when it comes to software products that have more then 1 script and 2 lines of code inside. C2 or C3 is not a game, is a editing software that is codependent of the internet infrastructure and other apps/libraries out there that are continuously changing, so your expectation of C2/C3 to work with 0 issues 100% of the times is just not realistic.

also before you buy a software make sure it has the features you need to build your project dont just impulsively buy cause some friend told you to, in matter of fact if that is the case id ask my friend for the refund cause he lied to me, or he was not telling the full details.

If you can do everything yourself offline, why buy a tool just use ur notepad/android studio and start building the app.

I'm not understanding your post:

1. Are you suggesting that Scirra is under no obligation to provide services for the fees paid? Does that mean ATT, Microsoft, Adobe, Xfinity....can just keep charging us, even if their product is not working? Must we wait until Monday for a fix because "it's the weekend"?

2. I did not suggest I wanted to "do everything myself offline", the other poster suggested I do that. He wants me to, after paying Scirra for build services, follow a tutorial so that I don't bother Scirra to fix the services I'm paying for (or discuss it). I'm paying for the build services, why don't they work? It seems you agree with him, which is strange to me.

I'm not talking about a minor issue, I'm talking about the BUILD server timing out constantly, a major selling point of C3.

I've been using the build server all weekend with r92 for Cordova Xcode exports and HTML5 exports, all day Friday, all day Saturday and all day today, Sunday, I haven't had any issues or timeouts.

I've been using the build server all weekend with r92 for Cordova Xcode exports and HTML5 exports, all day Friday, all day Saturday and all day today, Sunday, I haven't had any issues or timeouts.

I cant procced to my updates, because Build Stuck and Gplay broken plugin.....

https://github.com/Scirra/Construct-3-bugs/issues/1414

FYI this bug has been reported.

It might be the same issue you are having with the Build process throwing up an error.

A few points I feel should be noted:

1) Scirra's build service is cheaper than the biggest commercial equivalent (Cocoon) - and includes the entire C3 engine.

2) You cannot complain about the price in one breath and demand Scirra work weekends as well (which they often do regardless) - could Scirra hire a weekend / holiday staff? Of course they could, but then they'd be well within their rights to pass this cost onto the consumer.

A simple glance at staff team forum post time stamps show they often work well over 10 hours a day on the product; and the build service offers substantial value for money when compared to competitors.

I can sympathise with your situation, but I feel some of these criticisms are unfair.

A few points I feel should be noted:

1) Scirra's build service is cheaper than the biggest commercial equivalent (Cocoon) - and includes the entire C3 engine.

2) You cannot complain about the price in one breath and demand Scirra work weekends as well (which they often do regardless) - could Scirra hire a weekend / holiday staff? Of course they could, but then they'd be well within their rights to pass this cost onto the consumer.

A simple glance at staff team forum post time stamps show they often work well over 10 hours a day on the product; and the build service offers substantial value for money when compared to competitors.

I can sympathise with your situation, but I feel some of these criticisms are unfair.

If we had unlimited time, as on C2, I'd agree. But if I'm being charged per annum, without main features working, the things I'm paying for need to work as its my time that is ticking away.

Now build server is working again.... but cant proced with update with Gplay broken sign plugin.....

> A few points I feel should be noted:

>

> 1) Scirra's build service is cheaper than the biggest commercial equivalent (Cocoon) - and includes the entire C3 engine.

>

> 2) You cannot complain about the price in one breath and demand Scirra work weekends as well (which they often do regardless) - could Scirra hire a weekend / holiday staff? Of course they could, but then they'd be well within their rights to pass this cost onto the consumer.

>

> A simple glance at staff team forum post time stamps show they often work well over 10 hours a day on the product; and the build service offers substantial value for money when compared to competitors.

>

> I can sympathise with your situation, but I feel some of these criticisms are unfair.

>

If we had unlimited time, as on C2, I'd agree. But if I'm being charged per annum, without main features working, the things I'm paying for need to work as its my time that is ticking away.

Now build server is working again.... but cant proced with update with Gplay broken sign plugin.....

>

> > A few points I feel should be noted:

> >

> > 1) Scirra's build service is cheaper than the biggest commercial equivalent (Cocoon) - and includes the entire C3 engine.

> >

> > 2) You cannot complain about the price in one breath and demand Scirra work weekends as well (which they often do regardless) - could Scirra hire a weekend / holiday staff? Of course they could, but then they'd be well within their rights to pass this cost onto the consumer.

> >

> > A simple glance at staff team forum post time stamps show they often work well over 10 hours a day on the product; and the build service offers substantial value for money when compared to competitors.

> >

> > I can sympathise with your situation, but I feel some of these criticisms are unfair.

> >

>

> If we had unlimited time, as on C2, I'd agree. But if I'm being charged per annum, without main features working, the things I'm paying for need to work as its my time that is ticking away.

>

Thanks - but Im back in work and unable to work on C3 until the weekend.....and another subscription week passes.

[quote:2dhre2eq]Thanks - but Im back in work and unable to work on C3 until the weekend.....and another subscription week passes.

Uhm...how can you blame C3 / Scirra for your "logistics" by being at work and not being able to work on C3? Scirra can't be responsible for when and how you can use the software only for potential issues you may be having. Posting about how you can and can't work and losing time and wasting your SUB just silly and takes the focus off the build issue you may or may not be having.

They decided on Sub model. It wont change. We have been there. You can either move on, or wait for another tool to launch or focus on the issues of C3, but for the love of all things Construct can we stop the subscription model discussions. It just wastes your and Scirra's time.

P.S I was also not happy about the SUBS but I decided the Pro's outweigh the Con's for me in the next year or two at least.

Uhm...how can you blame C3 / Scirra for your "logistics" by being at work and not being able to work on C3? Scirra can't be responsible for when and how you can use the software only for potential issues you may be having. Posting about how you can and can't work and losing time and wasting your SUB just silly ...

So just so I'm clear; I should not be complaining that a service that I am paying for is not avaialable when I have time to use it? That's your stance?

In that case; if I book a vacation for when I'm not working, then turn up at the hotel to take the vacation, and I am then told that my room isn't available, but it was last week (when I was working) - that's OK with you guys?

What's going on here? Am I honestly the "bad guy" because I want a working environment that I'm PAYING for?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads

>

> Uhm...how can you blame C3 / Scirra for your "logistics" by being at work and not being able to work on C3? Scirra can't be responsible for when and how you can use the software only for potential issues you may be having. Posting about how you can and can't work and losing time and wasting your SUB just silly ...

>

So just so I'm clear; I should not be complaining that a service that I am paying for is not avaialable when I have time to use it? That's your stance?

In that case; if I book a vacation for when I'm not working, then turn up at the hotel to take the vacation, and I am then told that my room isn't available, but it was last week (when I was working) - that's OK with you guys?

What's going on here? Am I honestly the "bad guy" because I want a working environment that I'm PAYING for?

I think there is a misunderstanding here.

It's more akin to you pay for a room at a hotel and we also get access to the bar, you get there, you are shouting in the foyer saying that the bar is not open and no one is serving drinks. Yet I go there and they are open and serving drinks, another member joins me and another...and before long the bar is full. Yet you are still in the foyer shouting. Then leave saying you don't have time this week to go to the bar to check if its open.

If you try and access C3 and not available of course there is an issue. If the build service is unavailable of course there is an issue if you have notified them or tried again, and they did not investigate.

I'm currently building a product and I'm using it on and off every few days in a row. So far I have not had issues. I'm sure many would have noticed and complained as well.

What I suggest is going on the forum saying the date and time it was unavailable and explain the issue without bringing in the wasted time of a subscription. Then also file the bug.

That way you get a clear message out and we get Scirra to investigate. Should someone else have the same issue we can add it to that bug and or post.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)