any chance of discount (steam christmas sale)?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:37 pm

Lol, you don't want the steam version - trust me. I purchased it and had endless issues. Finally got the standard version sold here - not a single issue.

Some folks have zero issues with steam, but the majority do.
Issues with steam version:
Crashes, constant crashes. Won't close. Can't open file from anywhere other than through construct program using open and select file.
Can't open multiple instances and the list goes on.

As for personal version - I understand :) and I am sure they will have some sort of christmas special xd
You think you can do these things, but you can't, Nemo!
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:44 pm

[QUOTE=DUTOIT] Lol, you don't want the steam version - trust me. I purchased it and had endless issues. Finally got the standard version sold here - not a single issue.

Some folks have zero issues with steam, but the majority do.
Issues with steam version:
Crashes, constant crashes. Won't close. Can't open file from anywhere other than through construct program using open and select file.
Can't open multiple instances and the list goes on.

As for personal version - I understand :) and I am sure they will have some sort of christmas special xd
[/QUOTE]

i'm using free version on steam... i got no issues... (not yet lol)
its more easy for me to get the steam version than standalone version (local currency is better)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:50 pm

Well if it works then you are the lucky few, but the problem lies with the authentication, you don't need to authenticate the free version.

But, do what you feel is best, I'm just warning you like I was warned. Hope you get a 40 or 50% discount for christmas :)
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:53 pm

[QUOTE=DUTOIT] Well if it works then you are the lucky few, but the problem lies with the authentication, you don't need to authenticate the free version.

But, do what you feel is best, I'm just warning you like I was warned. Hope you get a 40 or 50% discount for christmas :)[/QUOTE]

but they will fix it right?
B
S
G

Post » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:15 am

I tried to get steam involved - they are useless bunch, and don't care at all.

Ashley said he will try and approach them from developer side.
Just so you know, this affects every software steam sells and not just Construct 2. Steam is great for games, but absolutely useless with software. The impression i got from steam is they don't care.
Just keep reading.
Just keep learning.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General