Any fix for the Tilemap seams ?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:01 pm

@nimos100

Thanks anyway ;)
I know how to use Tilemaps ... I wanted to know If I can use Tilemap with multiple resolutions/aspect ratios :)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:06 pm

You can't. If you want to use Tilemaps you need to have Pixel rounding: On, Sampling: Point, Fullscreen: Letterbox integer scale.

Unfortunately cause of that Tilemaps are good only for retro-pixel style games if you want to use them as backgrounds and things like that.
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Apr 26, 2014 6:18 pm

@shinkan

I know that, but in this topic it says something about extruded borders and a possible fix to reduce seams ...
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 12:13 am

@TGeorgeMihai , this fix only works in some cases, it worked with big tiles, tiles that even when exported were adjacent to eachother, this means they matched perfectly side by side top to bottom, i just needed to remove the transparent line between them, and they matched perfect, the problem you have when importing tiles in spritesheet, they get scrambled and different kinds are adjacent to other kinds, removing the lines will only have the effect of bluring wrong colors in each other,

if you work with tilemap it is different and wont work with linear period., its one texture splitted in multiple images without padding, so linear will make them blur on each other.

if you''re using sprites as tilemap and have an example of the tilemap, positioned, ready to test and export im willing to try and make adjustments, other possible solution is in positioning and making them overlap 1px, other than that its the usual, use point... blabla
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:08 am

Why do you use 1 px between tiles, to get white lines? Wouldn't it be better to have zero as spacing?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:28 am

@vtrix

Would work for this ?
Window Size: 720x720
Fullscreen in browser: Scale outer
Grid size: 72x72 (this is the measurement I use, 1 unit/square)

@Ashley

Also if TileMap is not possible, is indicated to do the following:
Since I use 9-Patches, I can only use their actual size, can't use scale (unlike Sprites that support a higher/bigger resolution)... Is a good idea to increase my Grid size to 96x96 and the Window Size to 960x960 ?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 2:26 pm

@TGeorgeMihai , i cant do much with an image, i was refering to just the tilemap setup you currently have in a capx (no game-events needed) , so i can try some tests with the export. (but i see its not the normal seams, so i guess your using c2 tilemap and not sprites, so adjusting exported images wont work)
ImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:07 pm

You must be sure to use integrer value scalling. This is a common problem with pixel games. Unfortunally there is no miracle to fix this.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:38 pm

@vtrix
Thanks for your help, but I will continue to use 9-Patch (for fill) and Sprites (for corners) after all ... Works well on different resolutions ... it sucks that the TileMap Plugin is kind of useless :( It would helped me a lot.

@Rushino
That is the point ... If I use Integrer Scaling I can say goodby to multiple resolutions :(
I was asking if there is a workaround for this.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Apr 27, 2014 5:47 pm

TGeorgeMihai wrote:@vtrix
Thanks for your help, but I will continue to use 9-Patch (for fill) and Sprites (for corners) after all ... Works well on different resolutions ... it sucks that the TileMap Plugin is kind of useless :( It would helped me a lot.

@Rushino
That is the point ... If I use Integrer Scaling I can say goodby to multiple resolutions :(
I was asking if there is a workaround for this.

There are tricks.. like adding padding to your tiles.. but i think this is more a nightmare if you ask me. I don't have the problem in my game because it won't end up as mobile game. Do you have plan to be on mobile ? if no then you might consider making it crop (option in your project) and position your HUD manually using Left, Right, etc.. viewport. This way you enable multi-resolution.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Construct 2 General