Any Good Game Ideas?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Tue Apr 08, 2014 2:30 am

NickC wrote:I have an outline for an MMORPG. In most MMORPGs there are npcs at shops, in dungeons, etc. BUT this would be different! No npcs, EVERYBODY is played by a real gamer. You could be a shop owner, traveling merchant, mercanary, etc. Differnt factions fighting against each other, You could be a bandit in a dungeon raiding towns, etc. I know this idea would be too hard to create without a huge development team and $$$$$$. Just venting ideas.

There r games like that: ultima online & heaven and hearth
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:58 pm

this

best bee moving

a 2d platformer with a twist
with animted weather backgrounds

and life like 2d events
so not like your average platformer
u can act as a bee like in the real world trying to get back to its hive
but can he make it back with the pest control about?...
of enemys ,levels and platforms

-enemys
humans
plants
and gas

-levels
-i best bee going home
-honey sweet cone
-beegone
etc
+99 more levels

-platforms
moving
solid
B
S

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:51 pm

I am working on my very first game. I am planning on doing it a top down shooter hotline miami style gameplay, and a cross between the movie ,"The Raid." So there will be lots of guns, martial arts, and blood. You will go up different hotel floors or apartment complex floors, havent decided on the theme yet.

Or another theme will be you are a Marine invading a bunker in Afghanistan and are trying to get Osama as you go down further in the bunker there will be suicide bombers and have to break up the terrorist cells and leaders as you progress...I have probably a year to go, but I am excited for this, if it turns out anything like I envision it to be could be cool.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:57 pm

Everytime I see the name of this thread, my first thought is... "Yes, But I am keeping them all to myself..." followed by maniacal laughter...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:06 pm

@BluePhaze

:-D that´s how real business-men behave. not this warm-washed we are all friends game designer-bullsh** ;-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:19 pm

@bluephaze
@beaverlicious

Yea but ideas are a dime a dozen. 99% of people will never act on their ideas, because most people are not business people. There is no harm in sharing ideas, people will come up with their own anyway and most likely never take your idea. Just my two cents. I think its more inspiration for other people than risk of someone taking your idea
B
S
G

Post » Mon Apr 21, 2014 11:20 pm

@robertjs3 They all want my ideas! ALL OF THEM!!! Muahahahahahaaaa.....
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 12:19 am

Make a game about rainbow dinosaurs in outer space, lead by captain seagull, in their interstellar burger spaceship.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:56 am

robertjs3 wrote:I am working on my very first game. I am planning on doing it a top down shooter hotline miami style gameplay, and a cross between the movie ,"The Raid." So there will be lots of guns, martial arts, and blood. You will go up different hotel floors or apartment complex floors, havent decided on the theme yet.

Or another theme will be you are a Marine invading a bunker in Afghanistan and are trying to get Osama as you go down further in the bunker there will be suicide bombers and have to break up the terrorist cells and leaders as you progress...I have probably a year to go, but I am excited for this, if it turns out anything like I envision it to be could be cool.

I love The Raid, just saw the new one and it was freaking awesome!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 1:57 am

BluePhaze wrote:Everytime I see the name of this thread, my first thought is... "Yes, But I am keeping them all to myself..." followed by maniacal laughter...

Beaverlicious wrote::-D that´s how real business-men behave. not this warm-washed we are all friends game designer-bullsh** ;-)

Ive read in a couple places lately that 'you shouldn't be afraid to put your ideas out there..' , reason being that you get useful feedback from showing off your project, and anyway people are too busy working on their own projects to be interested in stealing other people's ideas...

Personally I have mixed feelings. I think feedback is definitely useful, but it almost feels like you're giving away the golden goose by sharing all your artwork ideas and game concepts in 'post what you're working on' -type threads.. my 2c
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas