Any Good Game Ideas?

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 3:25 am

I'm pretty sure this must've been posted somewhere in the forum, but here again,
300 game mechanics to get you inspired:

http://www.squidi.net/three/
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:16 am

Honestly I don't think that there are really many ideas around which are worth stealing. We are talking about rudimental game ideas, not the business plan for the next Facebook :-)
Check out our start-up and configure your own helmet in true 3D.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 2:04 pm

Beaverlicious wrote:Honestly I don't think that there are really many ideas around which are worth stealing. We are talking about rudimental game ideas, not the business plan for the next Facebook :-)

Nah, plenty of great Ideas everywhere. Sometimes, something that doesn't seam like anything original or worthwhile, can be a missing piece of your own idea.

Another idea: Squirrel survival game.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:56 pm

Artpunk wrote:
BluePhaze wrote:Everytime I see the name of this thread, my first thought is... "Yes, But I am keeping them all to myself..." followed by maniacal laughter...

Beaverlicious wrote::-D that´s how real business-men behave. not this warm-washed we are all friends game designer-bullsh** ;-)

Ive read in a couple places lately that 'you shouldn't be afraid to put your ideas out there..' , reason being that you get useful feedback from showing off your project, and anyway people are too busy working on their own projects to be interested in stealing other people's ideas...

Personally I have mixed feelings. I think feedback is definitely useful, but it almost feels like you're giving away the golden goose by sharing all your artwork ideas and game concepts in 'post what you're working on' -type threads.. my 2c

Yea it could go both ways. I am not saying share all of what you're doing until the game is ready for launch. unless of course you aren't going to sell it, then it doesn't matter. But obviously you will have to share with some people like testers, and other people that you have demo the game or else you may be making a game nobody thinks is fun.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:00 am

awmace5 wrote:
robertjs3 wrote:I am working on my very first game. I am planning on doing it a top down shooter hotline miami style gameplay, and a cross between the movie ,"The Raid." So there will be lots of guns, martial arts, and blood. You will go up different hotel floors or apartment complex floors, havent decided on the theme yet.

Or another theme will be you are a Marine invading a bunker in Afghanistan and are trying to get Osama as you go down further in the bunker there will be suicide bombers and have to break up the terrorist cells and leaders as you progress...I have probably a year to go, but I am excited for this, if it turns out anything like I envision it to be could be cool.

I love The Raid, just saw the new one and it was freaking awesome!

Sweet, I haven't seen the new one yet, looks amazing though. If this game is done right could be sweet, I'm talking about a pixelated art style and throw in some unique ideas I have with that martial arts. Hopefully in the next couple months I will post a demo
B
S
G

Post » Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:12 pm

I have some ideas, and some of them are original ideas (I think), gameplay mechanics etc

but I'm not able to make any kind of graphics (absolut zero skill on visual arts!) and that is killing me
B

Previous

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas