Any news on a step-through debugger?

0 favourites
  • 3 posts
  • It's been two months since I last touched C2 (took a break after a tornado hit my house in May) and even though I've saved my developer notes on my projects, opening them up and trying to get started on fixing bugs I noted two months ago is incredibly painful.

My case may be somewhat of a special one, but I do recall a poll several months ago asking what feature users wanted most. Debugger may not have made #1 but it definitely is a feature C2 needs. Is there any word on any sort of progress on this?

It would definitely help us get our programs running faster :D

• The browser plugin has been added a "log" action, which allows you to send data directly to the browser's console. I can't remember exactly when it was added and if it was already in two months ago or not.

It's not yet a step-through debugger, but it's helpful anyway.

You might also want to have a look through the changelogs of each versions you "missed" since, a lot of improvements/bug fixes/changes have been made in various areas which might help you too.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • The 'log' action seems interesting, but it feels painful to log lots of actions in this way when a step-through debugger could be used.

I've definitely looked through the updates since the last time I touched C2 and the line-of-sight behavior definitely seems the most interesting at this point.

Bookmarking seems like a great way to mark aspects of the project as 'to-dos' for later or for marking certain sections as potential causes for a bug that's going on.

I am mainly seeking an official developer response on any sort of debugger progress.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)