Any Official Books or Learning DVD's?

For questions about using Classic.

Post » Sat Aug 06, 2011 11:03 pm

Not in the chat beta room, but there are a few users on IRC (chat!).
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image
Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2011 12:07 am

I'll just leave this here.
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:14 am

nice thank you for that link, I think I'm going to buy it so I will tell you if it's any good, thanks
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2011 3:19 pm

[QUOTE=tulamide]Although I agree that it would be helpful to have some book, it is complicated, as soon as it comes to details.
Construct never was a finished product nor is. There are many plugins that come with Construct, although they have issues. And I don't mean smaller bugs, but missing or wrong functionality. Just take the binary object as an example.
A book would need to ignore those plugins, but the purpose of such a book would be to have a complete guide/help.[/QUOTE]

This is very true. I was telling some people about the difficulty of expressing the details in a book in regards to doing certain things in Construct, and how some things aren't functional or properly functional with it being a beta. I don't think they were listening to me as they weren't very courteous, but it's inevitable that they'll come to see it for themselves.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2011 9:26 pm

Their should be documentation about the effects, atleast.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:45 pm

I think a book would be great for Construct. I'd actually considered making one in the past. The way I would have sold them was to schools and emphasized the Python and C++ programming aspects as a good intro into programming while being a way to make learning more fun. You learn Python and C++ quickly and at the same time make cool games. There is a lot that a book could teach that isn't included on the forums, but at the same time there is a lot on the forums that covers what Construct does.

I decided I didn't have the time for such a big commitment, but definitely welcome anybody that writes a book.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2011 10:58 pm

It's cool that there is a book about learning Construct but I mean..I'm sure all of the info in there (and much, much more) is already on the forums/wiki...and it's free. Not to mention the book could be pretty old and have a lot of outdated info.

Also, there's like 10 pages on how to shoot a bullet. Erm..

I dunno. Looks like a cashgrab to me.Tokinsom2011-08-07 22:59:29
B
S
G

Post » Sun Aug 07, 2011 11:21 pm

[QUOTE=Tokinsom] I dunno. Looks like a cashgrab to me.[/QUOTE]

My thought as well when I read the Table of Contents. It would be nice if they had a "look inside this book" feature like Amazon, but from what they posted it sounds pretty basic.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Help & Support using Construct Classic