Any reason something should work differently in debug?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 1:51 am

In my game I have all these buttons the player walks over to turn on. I have lots of them. I've been using them a bunch. I went to add a couple more today and for some reason they were not working. So, I turned on debug to find out why. Lo and behold, they work! Try it again: debug off, buttons don't work. debug on, they do? :?

Kinda hard to debug under those circumstances..

Could the difference in screen size (with debug down there) + overlap at offset somehow cause that? (Though this still makes no sense, I have a bunch of other buttons that have given me no problems)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:02 am

Funny, I had just a what-the moment with windowheight until I realised the debug window was taking up some window space from the reported height. Sorry doesn't help you at all dude! oh BTW I usually 'detach' the debugger window, have you tried that to see if they 'stop' working again?
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 19, 2015 2:10 am

Okay, well, it wasn't that.. I've narrowed it down to only happening when touch controls get set instead of keyboard (still, all the other buttons work.. so weird).. I'm sure I'll figure it out. Thanks!
B
S
G

Return to How do I....?