Any Success with Music

0 favourites
  • 6 posts
From the Asset Store
6 looping tracks to use in your games and projects. These tracks are in the style of the 1960s detective movie genre.
  • Hi All,

Is it me or are any other members having trouble with playing background music in games.

I am using the latest Chrome HTML5 Browser and latest C2 with XP.

The background music starts ok in the first level, but never stops when I require it to on the second level, all music is superimposed at each level making nasty conglomeration of noise.

FIRST LEVEL: SYSTEM START|ON START OF LAYOUT|AUDIO PLAY "level_01" "looping"

SECOND LEVEL: SYSTEM START|ON START OF LAYOUT|AUDIO STOP "level_01" ""

|AUDIO PLAY "level_02" "looping"

Check it out at: hotkey.net.au/~foremost/index.html

Any Idea's ??.

• I take it that I am the only one who is having problems with Music

in a game run from a server @@.

• How about sharing your .capx file?

Music doesn't stop when you change layout - you have to use the Stop action to make it stop when changing layout.

• Hi Ashley,

I have used stop:

FIRST LEVEL: SYSTEM START|ON START OF LAYOUT|AUDIO PLAY "level_01" "looping"

SECOND LEVEL: SYSTEM START|ON START OF LAYOUT|AUDIO STOP "level_01" ""

|AUDIO PLAY "level_02" "looping"

Check it out at: hotkey.net.au/~foremost/index.html

If you run my game to the second level you will hear the problem.

Nothing appears to stop the music once started.

I would prefer it if I didn't share the .capx on this one.

many Thanks

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I think you should put the stop action at the end of your layout (before the action goto layout 2) instead of in the beginning of the next layout.

Also without the capx, it's only guessing.

• Thanks Kyatric I always respect your advice.

Still could not get the Music to stop, not know how. I am also testing

Game Maker HTML5, and have no problem with the Audio at all on the same game version for GM. "I like Construct better though".

Audio is a no Brainer to place in your game. Instead of pulling my hair out any more I am looping the same music through the whole game until the problem is fixed.

Cheers

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)