Any way to export to Cocoon.io on C3?

0 favourites
  • 15 posts
From the Asset Store
Jump on the mole rats and see how far you can go!
  • I've been looking a way to export to mobile without the horrible performance of the cordova export that's present right now (I built an .apk of 3 circles expanding and retracting via sine, Samsung S6 starting heating up )

And Cocoon usually has great performance. Any options?

• We only support Cordova now. I thought Cocoon.io could build Cordova apps. If you want to use Canvas+, that has been deprecated for over 2 years, and had many severe problems that Cordova did not have since it used a real browser engine. We won't be bringing it back.

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've been looking a way to export to mobile without the horrible performance of the cordova export that's present right now (I built an .apk of 3 circles expanding and retracting via sine, Samsung S6 starting heating up )

And Cocoon usually has great performance. Any options?

This shouldn't have changed. Just export as "Cordova", delete the config.xml file and zip the content.

Upload it to cocoon and select "CanvasPlus" as WebView Engine.

Regards

Andy

• Thank you AndreasR I'll give it a go. Had no way of knowing about deleting the file. Stuff like this are a show stopped most of the time.

• AndreasR Couldn't run. This error welcomed me :

It's a simple sprite and sine project. No addons, nothing weird.

• There is other stuff you need to do for cocoon.io wrt to display stuff to make canvas+ happy or else you get black screen or multiple views. But I cant remember and I cant find the info. I haven't used for a while as I am not targeting mobile for now.

I think you need to allow use high dpi scaling for one and there was another thing possibly need to either use point or linear mapping. its definitely documented somewhere on the cocoon website.

Have you tried the C3 cloud build?

it is not canvas+ level of performance however I was very impressed with the performance compared to my experience with past non canvas+ builds and you don't have to worry about any compatibility issues.

I made an apk of my alpha shmup just to test ythe c3 cloud build, it is full HD res, pushing a few hundred objects with lots of scaling, array look ups and functions and Im getting 40-60 FPS on 2-3 year old midrange phones..... if you are using dt properly anything above 30 fps is playable.

• NetOne If only they had a good step by step of their product that works and is actually up to date. I guess Cocoon doesn't like money. Money corrupts ahaha

Anyway I tried the native export on C3, built an .apk and ran it on Samsung S6. It was a program that had 4 expanding and retracting sine sprites. That's it. I ran it for a while and it started heating up the phone. I'd call that unusable. No other events, no addons. Clean.

I can work with minimal resources and optimize within a framework but I can't work less than 4 expanding sprites. Oh and they changed opacity every 0.1 secs.

• AndreasR Couldn't run. This error welcomed me :

It's a simple sprite and sine project. No addons, nothing weird.

Are you using any special chars in your file names (sprite) or project name?

Cocoon only supports english letters and some special chars.

P.S. I made a guide for C2, however this also should apply on C3.

I haven't a license for C3, yet. Once I've decided to purchase one, I'll update the guides.

https://shatter-box.com/knowledgebase/cocoonio/

Regards

Andy

• I ran it for a while and it started heating up the phone.

That's normal if the phone is busy. I have a wide range of games on my phone that heat it up, including major titles like Mario Run and Pokemon Go. It's not realistic to expect a phone to stay perfectly cool while running the CPU and GPU continually.

• AndreasR nope. Just "New Project 2" or "Mkmer".

Ashley I compare with other games on the same devices. Clucking adventures for an example keeps perfectly cool. I understand some heat is expected, but not high heat when running a few expanding circles.

Ashley I compare with other games on the same devices. Clucking adventures for an example keeps perfectly cool. I understand some heat is expected, but not high heat when running a few expanding circles.

Clucking adventures is running in WebView, I know the developer. Canvas is known to run mostly always at 80-90% cpu usage.

https://forums.cocoon.io/t/causes-for-h ... usage/2136

For canvas you must be very carefully what object you are using. For instance a "Text" object needs a lot of rendering power in Canvas+, that's why you should use SpriteFont instead. This is all no problem when you use "WebView+", but the performance isnt' that good as with Canvas+.

Hi,

I made a guide for Cocoon and Construct 3.

Build for Cocoon with Construct 3

At the moment I only got WebView+ working. Canvasplus seems to have problems with Construct 3, or the other way arround.

Here is the topic about the Canvas issue.

• AndreasR This is EXTREMELY good advice I wish I knew before I published a few of the games I already published with Cocoon.io

So right now Webview+ with spritefont is the optimal solution for performance and less heat?

• Ashley Spent an entire day testing different games, done in xcode and C2 + my C3 testers and I have to apologize. The native export right now is perfectly acceptable and workable. I'm using an iPhone 7 and created 50 physics sprites, stuffed them in a large box.

I can work with this perfectly well on mobile. Any improvement is a large boon but this is great. I'll just beware of extra addons and all the other weaker points for CPU/GPU roof.

I'm back in the game yeay!

• AndreasR This is EXTREMELY good advice I wish I knew before I published a few of the games I already published with Cocoon.io

So right now Webview+ with spritefont is the optimal solution for performance and less heat?

For WebView+ you also can use the text object. Only canvasplus has strangles to render the text object.

Regards

Andy

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)