Any way to export to Cocoon.io on C3?

Get help using Construct 3!

Post » Sun Jul 02, 2017 8:32 am

damjancd wrote:@AndreasR nope. Just "New Project 2" or "Mkmer".

@Ashley I compare with other games on the same devices. Clucking adventures for an example keeps perfectly cool. I understand some heat is expected, but not high heat when running a few expanding circles.

Clucking adventures is running in WebView, I know the developer. Canvas is known to run mostly always at 80-90% cpu usage.
https://forums.cocoon.io/t/causes-for-h ... usage/2136

For canvas you must be very carefully what object you are using. For instance a "Text" object needs a lot of rendering power in Canvas+, that's why you should use SpriteFont instead. This is all no problem when you use "WebView+", but the performance isnt' that good as with Canvas+.
Image Image iTunes: Match3 | Google Play: Match3
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 02, 2017 11:25 am

damjancd wrote:@AndreasR nope. Just "New Project 2" or "Mkmer".

@Ashley I compare with other games on the same devices. Clucking adventures for an example keeps perfectly cool. I understand some heat is expected, but not high heat when running a few expanding circles.

Hi,

I made a guide for Cocoon and Construct 3.
Build for Cocoon with Construct 3

At the moment I only got WebView+ working. Canvasplus seems to have problems with Construct 3, or the other way arround.
Here is the topic about the Canvas issue.
viewtopic.php?t=193475
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 02, 2017 12:13 pm

@AndreasR This is EXTREMELY good advice I wish I knew before I published a few of the games I already published with Cocoon.io

So right now Webview+ with spritefont is the optimal solution for performance and less heat?
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jul 02, 2017 1:10 pm

@Ashley Spent an entire day testing different games, done in xcode and C2 + my C3 testers and I have to apologize. The native export right now is perfectly acceptable and workable. I'm using an iPhone 7 and created 50 physics sprites, stuffed them in a large box.

I can work with this perfectly well on mobile. Any improvement is a large boon but this is great. I'll just beware of extra addons and all the other weaker points for CPU/GPU roof.

I'm back in the game yeay!
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jul 03, 2017 2:11 pm

damjancd wrote:@AndreasR This is EXTREMELY good advice I wish I knew before I published a few of the games I already published with Cocoon.io

So right now Webview+ with spritefont is the optimal solution for performance and less heat?

For WebView+ you also can use the text object. Only canvasplus has strangles to render the text object.

Regards
Andy
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I...?