Any1 know what this error is?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:03 pm

Happens when I am opening multiple instances of my game.

Was trying to stress server load. got to 13-ish instances of the game and now this message.

I'm using chrome.

Im not even using any audio in my project yet.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:12 pm

I deleted my audio object from file...it was not in use.

This fixed my issue.
But when I go to release I plan to have sound. If The server or game cant have a certain amount of clients with sound...this is a major issue.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:16 pm

I believe the issue is related to creating so many instances of your game on a single machine.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:16 pm

That sounds like it may be a localized bug. I would reach out to @Ashley for better input. That error sounds like it's trying to open connections to multiple pieces of hardware or hardware streams. Construct can obviously handle more than 6 sound files. It sounds like something else is going on there,
Kurieus
Come visit and play Blast Box!
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:58 am

I can't reproduce it, I can open 10 tabs using audio here and it keeps working just fine. I don't think it's related to C2 at all, or possibly even the browser, it just looks like a hardware limit on your system that you can only have 6 tabs open playing audio at any one time otherwise the hardware can't handle it. I guess it depends on your audio hardware/driver. 6 seems a pretty low limit.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:05 pm

Check your sound_card and drivers. Make sure it is up to date
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:43 pm

I had a similar issue where I loaded a sound and used it... then later, changed it to another sound. I did not remove the other sound from the project...

When I tried to run it in Safari, it kept telling me there was an error and the page had to be reloaded... Firefox and Chrome did some 'quirky' things but the game still played...

Once I went back to the project and deleted the other sound, the problem went away...
B
S

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 7:41 pm

The thing is, it says 6 but I had like 12 tabs open. And no audio was playing.
The audio object was not even in use.
With zero sound playing it makes me feel like it is a construct 2 issue.

My drivers are up to date.
Using built in audio on my p9x79 pro motherboard.
This shouldn't be an issue for any end user. But the server side of things means there could be limitations on how many instances/rooms/ map regions are hosted.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 8:19 pm

Tylermon wrote:The thing is, it says 6 but I had like 12 tabs open. And no audio was playing.
The audio object was not even in use.
With zero sound playing it makes me feel like it is a construct 2 issue.

My drivers are up to date.
Using built in audio on my p9x79 pro motherboard.
This shouldn't be an issue for any end user. But the server side of things means there could be limitations on how many instances/rooms/ map regions are hosted.

I think if you ask musician, you could get a good answer.

Anyway, just my 2 cent, I'm possibly wrong here but here goes nothing.

I played around some DAW 2-3 years back, thing that I learn is, depended on your sound card, it possibly can handle a limited number of source. The phrase "audio context" seems familiar to me, I think you have reach maximum supported source, that's why you got that error. In your case, amount of source used is 6process * 12 tabs, means you have total of 72 source. A single process could have more than 1 source (precompiled lossless audio), but that is unlikely because your audio should be in the compiled format, so it counts as 1 source.

As far as I know, modern computer can support either 32, 64 or 128 source. I think your sound card support 64 source as once it crossed the 64 limit, the sound card will just stall. I don't know the max supported source for highest-end card, but professional musician normally use 128, and that is already considered overkill by most people.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:13 pm

I guess my concern is: I'm not actually loading, playing, or using any sound at all in my server.

If no sound is being loaded, played or otherwise used. Why does it need to take up one of those "sources" as you say. I'm not a sound expert by any means. But I feel like this might be construct reserving or using audio when not necessary.
My plan is to host multiple shards. Have instances of the server running for different regions of my game.
but now it seems this might not be possible to do this or at the very least create some big limitations down the road.

A possible solution is to have a different project for the server. And not have a sound object at all. But this complicates things for end users.
B
S
G

Next

Return to How do I....?