Anyone else having this issue with WebGL effects?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:48 am

We ended up resolving this issue by applying the Set Color WebGL effect to a layer and moving the SF to that layer when we wanted to color it. In the screenshots above we were trying to apply the effect directly to the SF objects. I'm pretty sure this is advice that was given in numerous places on these forums, but we like to do it wrong and get frustrated and then try it the right way I guess! :/
ImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:26 pm

Well, one of the things i read about on the forums in regards to fixing this was setting your texture filtering to "point" mode, and setting the pixel rounding parameter to "on". Could you check to see if that works?

Also, if we are speaking about graphical glitches, anyone know what to do in regards to this:

The laptop in question doesn't support shaders, any tips? Seems to persist in all of the releases i've tried.
(those are 9-patches and spritefonts, btw)Stiivais2013-11-02 16:30:36
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:54 pm

@Stiivais - looks like a driver bug. Are your graphics card drivers up to date? That might also explain why shaders aren't supported - browsers disable WebGL support if the driver is too buggy.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:13 pm

[QUOTE=Ashley]Are your graphics card drivers up to date?[/QUOTE]
The actual manufacturing of the graphics card has long been discontinued.
I guess that leaves no question about the drivers - i probably have the latest version, from 2007 or something. The pc is a bit of a relic - shaders aren't supported by the graphics card at all.

I just wanted to see if anyone else is having similar issues or if this is an isolated case (pc specific). The drawing seemed to work earlier in r139, but became like this after i added a new sprite for the spritefont object. Either way, i guess this information is of no use, as this problem is specific to me (don't waste your time). Thanks for the response, anyways...

Update.
Went back and checked, when is the problem persistent - turns out that the spritefont object works perfectly with the default font, but fails whenever i load my own font, a perfectly normal .png image. Computers are weird.Stiivais2013-11-02 20:23:06
B
S

Previous

Return to Construct 2 General