Anyone fancy making a demo with mith me? - custom gfx

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
ready made menu you can download this one or just follow my tutorial to make it yourself
  • Hi,

While i'm taking some brakes betwen making METROID: Alpha Hatch stuff i'm tryind other things. Just finished this picture not long time ago. i was wondering if any one would like to make with me a j-rpg demo game? I`ll do custom gfx in the style you can see on picture belowe. I can prepare characters with up to 36 frames per direction up to 8 dir, nice moving battlers and original music score.

Picture belowe is sized to fit rmvx resolution, but i would prefer do it in higher than current one.

characters in high resolution would be looking like this samlple character:

• Why are you aiming to only do a demo?

• You are quite the artist... so yeah, why are you aiming at only a demo? I guess RPG's can be a bit ambitious to go full scale unless you have a fairly substantial dev team.

I'd be interested if I didn't have so many other things on the go already... and the fact that I too am an artist and also try to commission helpers of the eventing/coding type.

Nice character and background work though man... you are certainly talented at doing gaming graphics!

~Sol

• thanks for your opinions.

Why are you aiming to only do a demo?

You are quite the artist... so yeah, why are you aiming at only a demo? I guess RPG's can be a bit ambitious to go full scale unless you have a fairly substantial dev team.

I've got loads of other stuff to do, so i can't realy commit myslef to full size game (Need to work to make money to pay bills to work to make money... never ending story.; and i've got metroid to work on too.) but if demo would become successful i would concider making a full game. especialy becouse i've got cool idea for battle scenes.

edit@

(rmvx res)

• TEACH ME!

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Holy crap dude

~Sol

• I just have this crazy idea:

It would be realy cool, if people who are the best in using construct, would join forces with me for this side demo project. I would gladly make this game as a construct promoting title. Alto like i said before, if demo would be successful we would think about making full game eventualy.

• From what i've seen, it looks like we could definitely make something that would interest people in to using construct here. I can help, I'm a relatively experienced construct programmer.

Looks like this could turn into a nice final fantasy style RPG. I LOVE the bright graphic style.

I don't think we need to make a demo though... Why not just make a full game? Construct needs a full game to really get the interest rolling.

I'm keen, lets get more info going...

EDIT - I also have contacts in the web hosting business, so file hosting won't be an issue.

• WOW those look great man very impressed. Im interested to see how the demo would play. Depending on how it plays i may already have something you could use. I made a level builder and would let you use the code for the project as long as you used your own tiles and stuff. If you give me more of an idea of what you are aiming for I may be able to help you.

• alee:@ I would rather make a demo first. Altho i've got the sotry for full game, i have got loads of work with other things ( realy loads of things!!! ). If there will be big demand on more, i will put some of my tasks aside, and focus in this projetct more. besides i would like to do stuff like animated envirement for battles, some of the dialogs with specialy prepared, full screen pictures( as a cut scenes) or even eventualy i can do simple avi with anime studio. so there is loads of estetic content to be done, and i would rather put more efford in to the quality than the size of the game first.

Aeal5566:@ i would like to do pre-drown gackgrounds insted of tiled ones. but it's negotiateble.

• Aeal5566:@ i would like to do pre-drown gackgrounds insted of tiled ones. but it's negotiateble.

You can do whatever you want its not tile based. its fully free form, it really is like a scripting language. Take a look at Dernier Cadeau to see what it looks like when you use it for platforming stuff.

• >

> Aeal5566:@ i would like to do pre-drown gackgrounds insted of tiled ones. but it's negotiateble.

>

You can do whatever you want its not tile based. its fully free form, it really is like a scripting language. Take a look at Dernier Cadeau to see what it looks like when you use it for platforming stuff.

all right, yea, i remember. i playd your demo. lets see what happens.

• I can't wait to see what you guys do with this... If you want any GUI stuff let me know... I can make time for some simple stuff like that. Otherwise I'll sit back and watch the carnage. This is going to be awesome.

~Sol

• megatronx, that sounds cool. I much prefer large images as backgrounds than tiles personally - so thats cool.

I'm fine with making a demo first - im busy too, let me know how you want it to play (some ideas, eg. will it have parties like FF or is it just one guy that you control? Is it FF style battles etc. etc.)

• cool guys,

edit@

aleecht@classic FF style but with some original ideas, for the battles as well. You will control a party.

world map -> lacation etc.

Soldjahboy@ your in ^^

i will use Kitaro music for the demo ( maybe later for the whole game ). it's absolutly perfect for FF style games. in fact composers doing stuff for j-rpg games are ripping him of his tunes. it's clearly hearable.

i pm you with details later, couse now ive got samus turning animation to do ^^

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)