Anyone fancy making a demo with mith me? - custom gfx

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:50 pm

[quote="megatronx":1x7gt04q]
Aeal5566:@ i would like to do pre-drown gackgrounds insted of tiled ones. but it's negotiateble.[/quote:1x7gt04q]
You can do whatever you want its not tile based. its fully free form, it really is like a scripting language. Take a look at Dernier Cadeau to see what it looks like when you use it for platforming stuff.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:03 pm

[quote="Aeal5566":vfm9r4nb][quote="megatronx":vfm9r4nb]
Aeal5566:@ i would like to do pre-drown gackgrounds insted of tiled ones. but it's negotiateble.[/quote:vfm9r4nb]
You can do whatever you want its not tile based. its fully free form, it really is like a scripting language. Take a look at Dernier Cadeau to see what it looks like when you use it for platforming stuff.[/quote:vfm9r4nb]

all right, yea, i remember. i playd your demo. lets see what happens.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:54 pm

I can't wait to see what you guys do with this... If you want any GUI stuff let me know... I can make time for some simple stuff like that. Otherwise I'll sit back and watch the carnage. This is going to be awesome.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:57 pm

megatronx, that sounds cool. I much prefer large images as backgrounds than tiles personally - so thats cool.

I'm fine with making a demo first - im busy too, let me know how you want it to play (some ideas, eg. will it have parties like FF or is it just one guy that you control? Is it FF style battles etc. etc.)
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:03 pm

cool guys,

edit@

alee@classic FF style but with some original ideas, for the battles as well. You will control a party.
world map -> lacation etc.

Soldjahboy@ your in ^^

i will use Kitaro music for the demo ( maybe later for the whole game ). it's absolutly perfect for FF style games. in fact composers doing stuff for j-rpg games are ripping him of his tunes. it's clearly hearable.

i pm you with details later, couse now ive got samus turning animation to do ^^
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 5:42 pm

sound cool. i look forward to the details
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:04 pm

I was thinking of making a battle mode demo for RPG's: If it comes out good, i'll pass it on to you, if you want it... I have no time to make an RPG (well, I'm making a SRPG for fun, but that's for another post :D )
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:36 pm

maybe i could help

im sure you could use a guy like me. although be warned, i procrastinate alot. :lol:

anyways, from what i see of your graphics i think the best animation style would be something like this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9twgzKq ... re=related

you seem to be able to draw characters very well in diff direction and poses, so if you made me your graphics as individual pieces (like arms legs head torso wtv) and drew the different looking pieces for poses, we could make this type of animation using the bone movement behaviour.

(for battle scenes im talking)

i could handle the animation aspect of battles, i wouldnt be the best for setting up an inventory and stuf
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:05 am

hi,

thanks for posting. I'm thinkking about your idea of bone movement. you see, i can do battle animations of some characters, even up to 100 fram per attack. but probubly with some of the monsters would be much better to use bone movement and other fx. My worrie is will thise two diferent techniques work well together.

another thing is that you are saing that you're lazy. hope you are not to much lazy.

i've made one more charachter. this is last tease for thouse who are not shure wether to join our demo project and i hope that they will decide to join. ^^
this type of character is calld "Phantom"

for people already commited to the project i'll prepare sort of rough description. sorry i haven't done it eariler.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 09, 2009 3:26 am

That's some really impressive art. I assume it's 3D modeled?

Anyways, I'd really like to join this project, but I'm not sure I've got the time. I might be able to help out with some smaller things though(mainly coding).
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Open Topic