anyone seen Let the Right One In (Låt den rätte komma in)?

Chat about anything not covered in these forums, but keep it civil!

Post » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:46 pm

Guyon, indeed. Why do a remake, especially only 2 years after the original! I don't mind remakes if done properly, 'cause sometimes it's hard to read the subs when I'm trying to watch what's going on. I'm just not sure about that girl out of Kick Ass though (yeah she's been in loads of other stuff, but since that's the movie that made her, that's how I'll refer to her ;). She certainly doesn't seem to have that eeriness about her that the original girl did, judging by the short trailer anyway. We'll see...
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 10, 2010 6:53 pm

** Possible Spoiler ALert **

The thing about hollywood is - it doesn't usually do 'deep', and this film has great depth, and can be seen at different, sometimes divergent levels.

The premise - as I saw it - is that a very old vampire, locked in a child's body, needs a human to protect and provide for her. The way she goes about this is looking for very young, potentially homicidal boys with no sense of morality, and a potential for extreme violence, and gradually makes them love her. Whether she ever feels anything thing for her protector is debatable, as every action she does, even to the 'accidental' glimpse of her nakedness, could be said to be contrived.

The film is even better the second time around, and makes me think I will have to give the remake a very wide berth.

I still haven't forgiven them for 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' remake :!:
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:39 pm

[quote="zenox98":3l4vnfm0]I still haven't forgiven them for 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' remake :!:[/quote:3l4vnfm0]

You're not alone there! That movie was such a let down....

Back on topic, yep I watched it a second time and spotted things I missed the first. Damn I want to watch it again, but getting too drunk to read subs.... roll on the remake :p
B
S
G

Post » Fri Sep 24, 2010 11:42 pm

:D

The movie was translated in french :wink: :mrgreen:
B
S
G

Post » Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:45 am

Do the vampires sparkle? :P

Seriously, I've always like vampire movies, so I'll check it out.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:16 pm

[quote="zenox98":u2dqvxqe]
I still haven't forgiven them for 'The Day the Earth Stood Still' remake :!:[/quote:u2dqvxqe]

*War of the Wolds Spoiler*
My grudges go much deeper in that the Steven Spielberg/Tom Cruse on "War of the Worlds" turned a great story in to one man power display. If one guy helplessly captured inside a machine can take it out where is the danger? Or the boy running into the explosion that kills a full unit of solders (and machine?) just turns up fine at the every end uninjured is just ridicules. It may be the worst movie I have ever seen.

Back on topic. I find the new name for Let the right one in called Let me in, defeats the entire puropse of the movie. The original title was huge in the story, so is this the hint that the remake has no clue what the original is about?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:00 am

It's quite possibly the only good Swedish full length movie to have been released this century.

They have a ton of nods to how Sweden was during the 70's and 80's. The lady that burns up is also this girl right here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6svXfpjR ... re=related which everyone in Sweden from the 80's generation know and love:). Children's shows in the 80's were the shizz!

One of the few films I've actually seen twice on cinema.
B
S
G

Previous

Return to Open Topic