APEXICON - Puzzle RPG - DevLog - Kickstarter FUNDED

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Thu Nov 07, 2013 8:07 am

I've got a crazy cool concept for the game after this. This is the most fleshed out concept however!

And you have to stay humble. You are letting the world see the ideas you have had in your head, so you want to be nice to those who have seen it.Ashodin2013-11-07 08:08:14
B
S

Post » Thu Nov 07, 2013 6:58 pm

Ashodin, don't get dishartened; even though most of the time I am not commenting at all, I am still happy to see updates from you and enjoy reading all of them. Keep the pace and good luck!
B
S
G

Post » Thu Nov 07, 2013 9:49 pm

These are the type of responses that keep me working at a breakneck pace.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 08, 2013 6:51 am

Announcing:

WALL-ACH Mark V2.3

Last thing I'm working on tonight is beginnings of AI, then it's AI tomorrow.Ashodin2013-11-08 17:35:13
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 08, 2013 11:12 am

[QUOTE=Windwalker] Ashodin, don't get dishartened; even though most of the time I am not commenting at all, I am still happy to see updates from you and enjoy reading all of them. Keep the pace and good luck![/QUOTE]

Same here!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:22 pm

Kudos on being so motivated and enthusiastic. I'm not trying to bring you down, but even you have to admit those posts where you just write about you found a bug, fixed it, and all is going swimmingly now, is a tad spammy? Sure you might not have time to do a detailed bug report everytime, but at least merge that kind of "bug found and fixed" post with some other meaningful post.

You say you have a blog, yet you post unneccesary updates like that here. There are many people wanting their creations to be seen here. Do you really think it's fair that someone's creation is bumped off the first page because you decided to tell the world about a bug that was fixed?

There were a few others but that one stood out to me.

At least your last post merged a few interesting things together. That's a fair update imo.

I'm not sure why there's no devlog forums here anyway..
B
S
G

Post » Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:34 pm

I suppose the reason I keep posting updates (and in your opinion, in a "spammy" way) frequently is to show others that there is one key item they need to possess to make their dreams a reality: perseverance. It takes guts and determination to keep on going, and every little bit counts. No matter how small, no matter how inconsequential the push forward, it is the push forward itself that matters.

And it is why I want to keep other people seeing that a project like this continues to grow, even by the little bits I update with. It's not about being on the front page. It's about showing people how long it takes to do development, and how much you have to be interested in doing it for.
B
S

Post » Fri Nov 08, 2013 10:16 pm

@Ashodin It's great to see you persevere and making a cool dev log like this, however if you're following up to a post you made "Yesterday at 9:49pm" with a post "Today at 6:51am" (less than 24 hours apart), I'd say you should edit your first post and put this inside it. (Also, try and link people to your other blog, and get fans to regularly check there, that's how you build a fanbase for future games)

Maybe if your game was like, last updated week ago or is 50 pages away you should make a new post (if you add new features/have something newsworthy) to bring it back to everyone's attention but I definitely agree with @procrastinator 's points.

Let people like me (other users) bump your game! View count isn't as good as people actively saying your game is great.

Which reminds me, your game does look great and I can't wait to play it someday

Edit:

[QUOTE=procrastinator] I'm not sure why there's no devlog forums here anyway..[/QUOTE]

Definitely, I'd love to see this added to the forums.Jayjay2013-11-08 22:22:19
"Construct 4 lets YOU make advanced games! (but not play them)" Construct Classic - Examples Kit
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 09, 2013 1:01 am

So we will be having a public stream tonight at 9 PM (about an hour from now) to answer any and all questions about APEXICON!

It'll be live at www.twitch.tv/ashodin. See you there!
B
S

Post » Sat Nov 09, 2013 6:24 am

@Ashodin,

keep moving...no matter what.
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests