APK creator

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:02 am

Hi,

I have made a super easy APK packer based on Intel crosswalk, which IMHO is the best native android experience at the moment.

You can use it with any HTML.
Basically, download it, put yout html (construct2 game, etc) into the folder named 'html5', then run 'go.bat' and it creates an android APK.

I will be improving it in future - for now its the easiest way to build a native APK.

http://mrchay.com/projects/HTML5toAPK

Chay
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:23 pm

nice - awesome.

I will try it out once I get back to crib.

Please deliver something for ios.

B
S

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:58 pm

Thanjks you rock. I've had troubles with the python script.

@crazyjack
he can't. Crosswalk Intel is just for Android at this time. If intel ever does Crosswalk for IOS then he can. Until this it's either CocoonJS or Ejecta
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:51 pm

@mrchay
I was looking over your system. So I have a few questions.

* Do I need Android SDK?

* Do I need to download Crosswalk sdk?

* Do I need the JDK

* Does your program just use the the source apk rather than compile an entire program.

* Does your system support Cordova(I need cordova for Ouya support)

* Which version of chrome does this one use?

* Are you awesome jayderyu2014-01-10 23:58:31
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:21 am

Well. I did a test run, but the game just crashes out :|.
I can say however this was super super easy.

I think if there was a custom program.cfg which points to signing keys, name, icon reference and so it would be great. I love the fact that I don't need to upload my stuff to a cloud source. it's my big beef with XDK
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:43 am

thanks I make a try.
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:59 am

Ok peoples,
I will test properly with construct 2 today.
@jayderyo, good suggestions.

I will do a config file where the name ad icon can be changed. To change the signing keys, you can just replace the key files in the key folder.

In answer to your other questions:
* Do I need Android SDK?
No, not needed.

* Do I need to download Crosswalk sdk?
No, not needed.

* Do I need the JDK
No, not needed (but you do need java runtime - if you dont have it the script will try to make you download it)

* Does your program just use the the source apk rather than compile an entire program.
My program (well its just a script) takes a previously generated crosswalk APK (which I made with the Intel XDK), strips it down then inserts the ew html into it, before repacking it.

* Does your system support Cordova(I need cordova for Ouya support)
Yes it supports cordova. I'd be interested to know how you get on with that, I may need to do some tweaking but it wont be hard.

* Which version of chrome does this one use?
Its the latest build of crosswalk - whatever they use as per last friday.

* Are you awesome
not really. I was annoyed with the XDK stuff; on the face of it Intel are making a great gift to the community, until one realises that all of the work is already done by other open source projects, except for compiling nodejs for android - not difficult, but an annoying job and boring.
It is naughty of intel to try to push people into a service model (cloud compile) on the ack of open source projects that they did not create IMHO.
I think this way is prob even legit :-)

I'll fix these little things today and post again
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:38 pm

@mrchay

Can you make a tutorial (I think we can export any apk from intel SDK and work?) how can make the html5 folder.

The Intel SDK are update today with new improvements.

thanks very much

(You dissamble the apk or only extract?)

B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 12, 2014 9:07 pm

@mrchay

I feel as if a tutorial is needed aswell,It would save alot of people time and save you from anwsering the same questions over and over.
That Being said,I think you are on to something big here and i really want to use this tool.But please make a solid tutorial of whats needed and how to use.Awesome Job
GMO FOOD = DEATH
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 1:44 am

@mrchay
I played around with various games. I found the only that worked was the the smallest one I had. None of the others worked. So i'm starting to play around with what could be causing the crashing out.

After a few hours I found that the program crashes with the Audio plugin... that sorta sucks. But it's good to know what's not working. So critical though. Could it be the srcapk just doesn't support audio and thats why audio isn't working for me?

Is audio working for anyone else using this build system?
B
S
G

Next

Return to Tools and Resources