APK creator

Discussion of tools and resources for game developers

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:57 pm

hmmmm

so I have some problem at the moment, it transpires that re-encoding the XML AndroidManifest.xml is non trivial without the whole android sdk so I need to dirty my hands with some java dev to create a quick packer for this purpose. until I do this it wont be possible to change the app name :-(

It would be worth investigating audio from a HTML POV; I know that advanced audio functionality involving audio web api works very well, because that is the demo code I built first (realtime synth).

But I do not know how standard <audio> tag assets behave and this is probably what construct 2 uses.... Perhaps construct 2 is being clever and detecting that the WebAudio api is available, but then some limitation of it on mobile prevents it working?

i will try to look into this when I have more time - jayderyu, if you like I can make you an admin on the bitbucket project for it if you want to take it further...?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:59 pm

@rookiedev and felix,
there are some problems at the moment with the tool and c2 it seems right now!

I try to iron these out before making a proper tutorial.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:59 pm

That's a good point. I'm not familiar with how C2 uses audio. I do know it does use the advanced WebAudio API. maybe how it defines it. I think C2 uses AJAX calls to get local downloaded audio assets rather than putting in <audio> tags.

Personally I think your onto something awesome for an exporting. I think how your doing process is a better path. But your right it does have some hiccups.

Thanks for the offer. But i'm terrible at working on project pages :| I often forget about them being cought up in my active projects. but I am interested in this working as it avoids the cloud service of XDK. Not that i'm saying anything really bad about Intel and the XDK. I just don't like the idea of having to upload 100mb+ for our PnC adventure game when the assets need to be updated.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:27 pm

So I hunted down some info. and here is my ADB logcat of errors.

01-14 14:17:28.415: E/Trace(3804): error opening trace file: No such file or directory (2)

01-14 14:17:28.855: E/dalvikvm(3804): Could not find class 'org.xwalk.runtime.extension.api.DisplayManagerJBMR1', referenced from method org.xwalk.runtime.extension.api.XWalkDisplayManager.getInstance

01-14 14:17:28.865: E/XWalkExtensionManager(3804): Failed to read extensions-config.json

----- I think this is the one that breaks the program --------
01-14 14:17:30.245: E/chromium(3804): [ERROR:audio_manager_base.cc(422)] Not implemented reached in virtual std::string media::AudioManagerBase::GetDefaultOutputDeviceID()
------------------------------------------------------------

01-14 14:17:30.285: A/libc(3804): Fatal signal 4 (SIGILL) at 0x5e390a8c (code=1), thread 3870 (om.xdkhtml5test)

I've tried using other APKs to test with. But they all compile to a just the assets size and not the entire run environment with it :|
B
S
G

Post » Sun Jan 19, 2014 5:50 am

@mrchay This works great! Very easy with your instructions! :)

It has the same issues as the current XDK Crosswalk export.

1) Is there a way to get rid of the Android Status bar at the top of the screen?

2) Is there a way to specify the screen orientation (ie locked vertical or horizontal). Right now, it rotates based on how you are holding the phone.

Besides those, my game runs beautifully! Very similar to CocoonJS, without all the BS. This makes me very excited. Once the audio issues and the icon / app naming issues are solved (xmlmanifest), I think this is going to be the way to go for Android exports! Awesome work! And, thank you! :D

P.S. I would be interested in Ouya support (which mostly means gamepad support). I have been having a hell of a time getting Ludei to fix their gamepad implementation, but they keep running me around in circles pointing the blame at other people. Annoying. Zharzew2014-01-19 05:51:02
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:51 am

@Zharzew
What gamepad problems are you having with CocoonJS?

I knew from Ouya developer release that the controller doesn't have all the normal input. After making a work around for that my Ouya controller worked with CocoonJS.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 25, 2014 2:47 am

[QUOTE=jayderyu] @Zharzew
What gamepad problems are you having with CocoonJS?

I knew from Ouya developer release that the controller doesn't have all the normal input. After making a work around for that my Ouya controller worked with CocoonJS.[/QUOTE]

@jayderyu this happens when a button is pressed and held (using the 'has been pressed' command, it will repeatedly act like the button is being pressed. This only happens when using the gamepad and cocoonjs (ie ouya). It works correctly on everything else. I have simple test cases that prove it. I just don't think many people have tried using cocoonjs and ouya yet. This issue would come up. Ludei has been useless in helping. They don't even have a copy of Construct to help debug. So annoying.Zharzew2014-01-25 02:50:43
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:01 pm

As previously mentioned I have used CJS on the Ouya thruogh C2.

How about sending a simplified capx of just the problem. I'll take a look.

I wish I can give you a quick fix. But when I developed my game I prepared it to be Controller,Keyboard and Touch. So I built mine around an abstraction layer of functions. I know I also built mine by storing isDown state into an array on the controller and used that to determine on press and on release. Since Ouya controller api doesn't have a proper on release or down. i dont' remember which.

but I can take a look at yours and see if we can find a work around.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Mar 20, 2014 5:20 pm

@mrchay any updates with the last crosswalk
B
S
G

Post » Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:15 pm

Steps to change icon and app name :

1) Download APKtool
2) decompile xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902.apk
run - apktool d <.apk file>
4) cd xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902
6) You can remove permissions in "AndroidManifest.xml".
5) cd res
6) make your icon.png file of 96x96 resolution
7) copy icon file in all drawable<-hdpi/-ldpi/-mdpi/-xhdpi> folders
8) cd values
9) open strings.xml in notepad and change "app_name" :
<string name="app_name"><your app name></string>
10) save file
11) recompile xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902.apk
run - apktool b xdkhtml5test.android.crosswalk.arm.20140106171902 xdkhtml5test.apk
12) Now sign the apk
java -jar signapk.jar testkey.x509.pem testkey.pk8 xdkhtml5test.apk xdkhtml5test.signed.apk
13) make sure to copy xdkhtml5test.signed.apk copy in "srcapk" folder
14) remove folder if any inside "srcapk"
15) make sure to keep only 1 .apk in "srcapk" folder
16) run go.bat
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Tools and Resources