Apk won't install.

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Nov 02, 2016 10:55 pm

Hello everyone.

I have created an app, launched it on my device with xdk and it worked perfectly.

Now when I try to install the apk I can tap "install" as long as I want. It's not doing anything.

I also made sure that it's allowed to install apps from unknown sources.

Hope to get some help here.
B
14
S
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 753

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 5:08 am

When I export apps from Intel XDK I get two files. One says arm7 something, the other x86 something. The first one is the only one I get to work on my phone, the other, I have no idea what the use is. Make sure you are trying to install this one.
B
13
S
7
G
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 1,866

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 9:45 am

If you are trying to install an apk it must be an "signed" or "debug" apk. Unsigned apk's cannot be installed on an celphone.
Image

Coin Clicker 2 [Play store]
B
15
S
2
Posts: 75
Reputation: 905

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:38 am

JHunter wrote:When I export apps from Intel XDK I get two files. One says arm7 something, the other x86 something. The first one is the only one I get to work on my phone, the other, I have no idea what the use is. Make sure you are trying to install this one.


@JHunter Tried both. None of them worked.
B
14
S
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 753

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:40 am

RickUSBstick wrote:If you are trying to install an apk it must be an "signed" or "debug" apk. Unsigned apk's cannot be installed on an celphone.


Could explain to me how I get it "signed"? Thanks for the answer.
B
14
S
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 753

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:55 am

@RickUSBstick I just read this: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1156/p ... -appsigner
Is this what you are talking about?
B
14
S
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 753

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 11:08 am

Yasharitsu wrote:@RickUSBstick I just read this: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1156/p ... -appsigner
Is this what you are talking about?


I think that one is not real to the point, i like the following tutorial better. Keystore and signing is from step 4. Goodluck and let me know if its working.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/432/an ... h-cocoonjs
Image

Coin Clicker 2 [Play store]
B
15
S
2
Posts: 75
Reputation: 905

Post » Thu Nov 03, 2016 10:37 pm

You can do signing through Intel XDK. You create your keystore and such with the menu in the program, and select which keystore you want to sign it with in the apps options before publishing it. Literally just click on the warning messages inside of intel xdk
B
13
S
7
G
1
Posts: 31
Reputation: 1,866

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:20 am

RickUSBstick wrote:
Yasharitsu wrote:@RickUSBstick I just read this: https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/1156/p ... -appsigner
Is this what you are talking about?


I think that one is not real to the point, i like the following tutorial better. Keystore and signing is from step 4. Goodluck and let me know if its working.

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/432/an ... h-cocoonjs


When I'm doing the stuff from step five it's telling me that the command "zipalign" can't be found.
B
14
S
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 753

Post » Fri Nov 04, 2016 1:20 am

JHunter wrote:You can do signing through Intel XDK. You create your keystore and such with the menu in the program, and select which keystore you want to sign it with in the apps options before publishing it. Literally just click on the warning messages inside of intel xdk

Do you have a tutorial for this?
B
14
S
2
Posts: 48
Reputation: 753

Next

Return to How do I....?

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: tarek2 and 17 guests