App Rejected - iOS Data Storage Guidelines - Apple

0 favourites
  • 8 posts
From the Asset Store
Basic Plugins for Firebase Authentication, Realtime-Database, Firestore, Cloud Storage
  • So I finally got my game submitted for iOS using Construct 2 - Cordova and Intel XDK.

I just received a notice from Apple explaining the my storage isn't being done correctly - has anyone had this issue recently? I do store some local storage based on the score and settings - I wonder if thats what they are complaining about?

have you submitted your app yet?

From Apple:

[quote:2yvkwimr]2.23 - Apps must follow the iOS Data Storage Guidelines or they will be rejected

2.23 Details

On launch and content download, your app stores 6.42 MB on the user's iCloud, which does not comply with the iOS Data Storage Guidelines.

Next Steps

Please verify that only the content that the user creates using your app, e.g., documents, new files, edits, etc. is backed up by iCloud as required by the iOS Data Storage Guidelines. Also, check that any temporary files used by your app are only stored in the /tmp directory; please remember to remove or delete the files stored in this location when it is determined they are no longer needed.

Data that can be recreated but must persist for proper functioning of your app - or because users expect it to be available for offline use - should be marked with the "do not back up" attribute. For NSURL objects, add the NSURLIsExcludedFromBackupKey attribute to prevent the corresponding file from being backed up. For CFURLRef objects, use the corresponding kCRUFLIsExcludedFromBackupKey attribute.

Resources

To check how much data your app is storing:

- Install and launch your app

- Go to Settings > iCloud > Storage > Manage Storage

- Select your device

- If necessary, tap "Show all apps"

- Check your app's storage

For additional information on preventing files from being backed up to iCloud and iTunes, see Technical Q&A 1719: How do I prevent files from being backed up to iCloud and iTunes.

If you have difficulty reproducing a reported issue, please try testing the workflow described in Technical Q&A QA1764: How to reproduce bugs reported against App Store submissions.

If you have code-level questions after utilizing the above resources, you may wish to consult with Apple Developer Technical Support. When the DTS engineer follows up with you, please be ready to provide:

• complete details of your rejection issue(s)
    • screenshots
    • steps to reproduce the issue(s)
    • symbolicated crash logs - if your issue results in a crash log
  • Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I've just received the same rejection reason from Apple with almost exactly the same amount of data being stored on the iCloud (6.24mb in my case)

I just used the local storage for keeping track of the variable I use to determine what levels are unlocked for my user.

Intrigued to see if this is something we're doing wrong or a bug?

I'm not sure how to change where the temp files are stored.

Thanks

• mars1985 I'm a while off submitting still but it looks like your best option is to turn iCloud backup off. You can store as much information locally as you like.

I can't remember how to do it exactly, though I believe it's a preference in the config file, a quick google should point you in the right direction.

6mb does appear a little large for just a couple of strings so there might be a bug there. Either way, turning off iCloud backup/storage will do the trick.

Best of luck releasing your game! You'll have to pm me when it's live.

• I've had a quick Google and Im just not sure what information would be relevant to me, Am I looking to edit a Construct config, Intel or Xcode??

Thanks,

• Sjryan It should be on the intel XDK side, though I only export with the cordova CLI so I don't know the specifics.

• Hi Sjryan & - it seems to be a bug since I'm not trying to load any data to iCloud.

I added this line of code to my Intel XDK Config.xml file that I think might disable iCloud storage.

<preference name="BackupWebStorage" value="none" />

I resubmitted so we shall see if that resolves it.

More info: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1228 ... calstorage

• So adding <preference name="BackupWebStorage" value="none" /> into my Intel XDK Config.xml file did not resolve the issue with Apple.

I am going to try rebuilding part of this project using the new WKWebView to see if maybe that will help.

Anyone else have this issue?

• Hello mars1985 did you finally manage to solve this issue?

I am about to summit my app to the app store for the first time and I checked the reply Apple gave you about storing in the user's iCloud, and in my case my game is storing 89kb - do you think this would be an issue?

Thanks in advance for your reply,

BR

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)