App store rejection experiences

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 2:37 pm

How about 'Scat shooter' as a name? It's a little more ambiguous, and could be interpreted as featuring an improvisational jazz vocalist who's on a machine gun rampage instead of a game about poop.

JohnnySix2013-10-26 14:38:03
B
S
G

Post » Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:43 pm

@OneMuppet

Sorry I was being rude. The name is funny, but in the appstore I think giving it a more scientific name for the word "poo" or a more peculiar name that's just a bit less childless like "Toilet Rush: A Man's greatest Duty" with Duty referring to feces would have a better chance of being accepted.

The name "Mr Poo McFarts Poo And Fart Adventures" seems like something my 4 year old self would name. But I think that's the point you were trying to get across with the name.retrodude2013-10-26 17:04:10
B
S
G

Post » Sun Oct 27, 2013 6:53 am

Apple is known for its "polished" policy.
I agree with most of the advices that tells you to "trick" the reviewers or go for a more ambiguous stance.

It's sad, but in nowadays society, even though your daily is met with lots of encountering with poo, big entities like Apple won't let you go down that road.

All my wishes for your creation to finally hit the stores, or maybe go for the less "tight" android store ?
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:51 am

@JohnnySix hahaha :)

@retrodude "Toilet Rush: A Man's greatest Duty" is a great title! Good suggestion! I am still trying to think of how to get the game up on app store without too much changes and a title like Toilet Rush (if it's not taken) could be a good first step! :)

@Kyatric Thanks! I do think that to "trick" the reviewers seem to be the way to go. I guess I was naive, and it's probably also a cultural thing. I do think that if Apple was a Swedish company this would have been approved without any questions. Swedes tend to think that drugs and weapons are worse than poo ;) I have released the game for Android, I didn't have any problems there :)
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=se.onemuppet.mrpoomcfartspooandfartadventures&hl=sv
B
S
G

Post » Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:33 pm

@onemuppet My experience with the absolute randomness that is App Store rejection is that pointing out things like similar products can be helpful if the reviewer on the Apple side actually cares about their job, which is extremely hit or miss. When I've run up against a wall in the past, which has mostly been for client projects, I've just changed the name and resubmitted as a new app after pulling everything I can about the previous version out of my Apple dev account. On one occasion, I simply removed a single space in title, sent it in as a totally new submission, got a different reviewer and it was approved almost immediately...well, immediately in Apple-world time, which was about a week.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:51 am

@digitalsoapbox thanks for sharing! I'll try to change the name of the app and resubmit like you said, and I'll try referring to other apps if it get rejected again. Rinse and repeat!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:36 pm

it's old one, but accessible without login to some Apple page,
so... worth to read:

http://photos.appleinsider.com/App%20Store%20Review%20Guidelines%20-%20App%20Store%20Resource%20Centerai.pdfszymek2013-10-29 12:37:38
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 25, 2013 4:31 pm

We had Slendercam initially rejected because of this screen shot:

Apparently you have to have straps on your dresses.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:51 pm

@AsinineGames thanks for sharing! I got rejected (for the fifth time) but this time they rejected me because my slide-to-unlock-screen looked too much like their own and "that could confuse users". Personally I think users are pretty aware they are in "Fartinator"-mode because their phone is farting at a regular interval plus my slider looks nothing like Apple's but Apple and I tend to see things differently.

B
S
G

Previous

Return to Completed Creations