Good morning everyone,
Here is a simple graphical tool to create simple map by using an array. I made it because i'm planning to make some tiled top-down RPG with differents maps so i needed a tool to generate those maps. For now it's quite simple but maybe i will enhanced it more and more to fit my needs.
It was also for me a first approach to construct possibilities, so maybe it will be useless for most people but not for me
I would also credit Construct team, linkman2004 for sprite button addon and pulowski that gives me the idea with his Simple Array Editor example.
- 8 different tiles, each corresponding to one letter
- Save and Load files from disk
- Change Layout size (so array size)
How to use generated file in other construct project :
- You juste have to load the file in an array on read it to replace letters by sprites, boxes, tiled background or anything. The actual limitation is that you need to know the array size before loading the map (maybe there' a way to avoid this, i've to check).
Addon needed to edit the .cap : Sprite Button by linkman2004
Know bug :
- Reduce the layout size at less than 1024 * 768 will cause part of the menu disappear (so the editor becomes broken)
Please enjoy it, you can use it and/or enhance it as you want !
Screen shot link :
EXE file :
CAP file :