Application Stuff

New releases and general discussions.

Post » Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:42 am

Yes I am crazy apparantly.

This POS system I am working on is going rather well. No problems what so ever so far... however there are a few features that seem to be missing from the various application objects. So far I have found that I need the follwing;

Button object-
to be able to enable and disable the buttons at runtime

EditBox object-
to be able to disable the use of TAB in the box, so it will page to the next box rather than adding a TAB space.

So far, that's about it! Hopefully it won't be too hard to add it in :D

If I find anything else it could use, I'll tack it on here somewhere.

Thanks guys!

~Sol

P.S.
Snap to grid on move and on resize doesn't appear to function?

Also, as I spoke to Rich already... the font sizes are weird in the edit mode. At runtime they all go to the proper size, but are smaller in the editing screen.
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 11:18 am

Most of this has been done, how should the tabbing system work?

Would it go by z-order or by ascending Y coordinate (which actually wouldn't be too good).
B
S
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 2:02 pm

What about giving controls a tab order like many oop languages do?
B
G

Post » Sat Dec 20, 2008 3:31 pm

[quote="dingdong":36b5nhba]What about giving controls a tab order like many oop languages do?[/quote:36b5nhba]

Yeah, this. The way Sol was explaining that VB does it is there's some kind of tab index for entry fields and buttons and such that can be edited. It defaults to creation order but you can change it in the object's properties or some such.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2008 12:23 am

[quote="deadeye":2n03xo20][quote="dingdong":2n03xo20]What about giving controls a tab order like many oop languages do?[/quote:2n03xo20]

Yeah, this. The way Sol was explaining that VB does it is there's some kind of tab index for entry fields and buttons and such that can be edited. It defaults to creation order but you can change it in the object's properties or some such.[/quote:2n03xo20]

Yeah this.

I think having an option called "Tab Index" or something along those lines would be good... it's just a number that ascends with each new "tab-able item" created.

Pretty much what deadeye already said... I'm just repeating shit now.

~Sol
Tired of crappy file hosts that are crappy? Get DROPBOX - https://db.tt/uwjysXJF
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2008 5:26 pm

I know that they have tabs and stuff in Visual C# and they are really useful. I think that would make the application maker a lot better.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:30 pm

also it would be great if all those app objects (edit box, button, list, etc.) would work in the full screen directx game. ie. I want to give the player a possibility to enter his/her name in the fullscreen dx runtime. i do it by placing an edit box. sadly the edit box does not appear in full screen (works when windowed though). also, all sprites appear below (in z-order) the app objects (ie. I have a cursor sprite and hidden mouse on start of layout - the cursor sprite hides behind the application object sadly).
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:37 pm

I asked about the above and the answer I seemed to get was that it's impossible to make fullscreen function with the normal window controls.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:39 pm

It probably isn't, but will need some work.

However showing sprites above controls won't ever be possible :(.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:47 pm

No Z order to them?
B
S
G

Next

Return to Construct Classic Discussion