Application Stuff

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
  • Yes I am crazy apparantly.

This POS system I am working on is going rather well. No problems what so ever so far... however there are a few features that seem to be missing from the various application objects. So far I have found that I need the follwing;

Button object-

to be able to enable and disable the buttons at runtime

EditBox object-

to be able to disable the use of TAB in the box, so it will page to the next box rather than adding a TAB space.

So far, that's about it! Hopefully it won't be too hard to add it in

If I find anything else it could use, I'll tack it on here somewhere.

Thanks guys!

~Sol

P.S.

Snap to grid on move and on resize doesn't appear to function?

Also, as I spoke to Rich already... the font sizes are weird in the edit mode. At runtime they all go to the proper size, but are smaller in the editing screen.

• Most of this has been done, how should the tabbing system work?

Would it go by z-order or by ascending Y coordinate (which actually wouldn't be too good).

• What about giving controls a tab order like many oop languages do?

• What about giving controls a tab order like many oop languages do?

Yeah, this. The way Sol was explaining that VB does it is there's some kind of tab index for entry fields and buttons and such that can be edited. It defaults to creation order but you can change it in the object's properties or some such.

• > What about giving controls a tab order like many oop languages do?

>

Yeah, this. The way Sol was explaining that VB does it is there's some kind of tab index for entry fields and buttons and such that can be edited. It defaults to creation order but you can change it in the object's properties or some such.

Yeah this.

I think having an option called "Tab Index" or something along those lines would be good... it's just a number that ascends with each new "tab-able item" created.

Pretty much what deadeye already said... I'm just repeating shit now.

~Sol

• I know that they have tabs and stuff in Visual C# and they are really useful. I think that would make the application maker a lot better.

• also it would be great if all those app objects (edit box, button, list, etc.) would work in the full screen directx game. ie. I want to give the player a possibility to enter his/her name in the fullscreen dx runtime. i do it by placing an edit box. sadly the edit box does not appear in full screen (works when windowed though). also, all sprites appear below (in z-order) the app objects (ie. I have a cursor sprite and hidden mouse on start of layout - the cursor sprite hides behind the application object sadly).

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • I asked about the above and the answer I seemed to get was that it's impossible to make fullscreen function with the normal window controls.

• It probably isn't, but will need some work.

However showing sprites above controls won't ever be possible .

• No Z order to them?

• Window controls are separate windows above the runtime window, which is where sprites display.

It's therefore not possible to show them below sprites.

The tab order for controls will hopefully be in a shortly upcoming future build .

• Awesome xD

~Sol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)