appMobi export and use

0 favourites
  • 13 posts
  • Sorry men i follow a recent subject speaking about appmobi/ios and there is some things i don't understand as i'm a novice in appMobi export and use.

Export C2 project to appMobi (XDK) .... ok if using "Browser" mode ... using direct canvas and it's always black screen with all projects i have tested ... ok it's experimental but i never see something working even a simple project ! is this feature broken in last C2 releases ?

AppMobi => Testing in local mode ... ok good result using iphone "App lab" (from appMobi)... my test project scale perfectly to iphone screen covering fullscreen (except battery/time bar) so the result is perhaps even "better" than the HTML5 C2 export.

AppMobi => export to distributed webapp + dropbox publishing ... here i'm really confused ... some are speaking about launching "App lab" but as it's a distributed project seems it's created to be launched via common "index.html" url in safari/iphone ? ...

The result is not good, project scale to screen but "a black bar" appear below the battery/time bar cutting the bottom part of the screen !

So i think i miss something ... if someone can give me some tips it's really help me.

• We know there are problems with directCanvas at the moment, we're still working on it!

• Sure Ashley so many things to do ! ;-p ... please users i need your experiment feedback in prioriry about appmobi ... no need to make Ashley spend is precious time in this post but if someone can give me a quick and dirty tutorial explaining the appMobi distributed webapp (.zip) publishing and use and differences with test mode if so ? ;-p

• I'm still waiting for appMobi users feedback.

I have always this problem on Iphone using webapp export (i'm not registered as ios dev.) ... so a black bar appeared on the topmost part of the screen "cutting" graphic and text which are now out of screen in the bottom part. If someone have some tips ... the preview local wifi mode is correct in XDK appMobi choosing Iphone4 and also correct using App Lab on a Iphone4 ... so it's perhaps a problem link to new iphone specific tags add in Construct 2 ?

• We know there are problems with directCanvas at the moment, we're still working on it!If you fix the problem this is gonna be beautyfull

• delgado ... sure .... ;-p

I'm really confused my post is not directcanvas specific as all answers i received could let think !. For me directcanvas is just a way to test a game using a more powerful engine and evaluate perfs gain ... so in this way it's interesting ... but after if players must have "app lab" or use a package version requiring licence / app store and so on ... i think is not actually for me.

So i don't have answers about appmobi webapps publishing and differences with testing in local wifi mode for a C2 project ... but perhaps appmobi is never use by C2 devs or never use in this mode ? ;-p

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • naelian you should try CocoonJS games works very nice

• Thanks but :

-> No cocoonjs export ... i use C2 free edition ...

-> No way to install cocoonjs IOS launcher ... i have no mac ...

So cocoonjs is actually not for me.

• It makes me wonder they could to fix Tiled Background plugin for appMobi, sometimes it shows missing tiles, there a workaround is using sprites instead of tiled background

• Joannesalfa, thanks there is perhaps a link with my project problem which use mainly tiledbackground ... have you notice differences between app lab/xdk appMobi display and a html5 published app display using safari ios ?

• Yes, i noticed the differences between App Lab and XDK, when i used Test Anywhere on one of my games with my iPod Touch 4 and it shows black screen, i had no idea why.

Also, i exported with directCanvas

• Ok ;-p XDK is always bad for me with directcanvas so i never go further is this mode ! ...

• Yes, i noticed the differences between App Lab and XDK, when i used Test Anywhere on one of my games with my iPod Touch 4 and it shows black screen, i had no idea why.

Also, i exported with directCanvas

I've the exact same problem.

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)