Archer (Working title) Devlog.

0 favourites
From the Asset Store
Various fantasy RPG characters sprites for creating a 2D platformer or sidescroller game.
  • For the last couple of mont's I've been working on a isometric Mobile multiplayer game, using Photon Cloud for multiplayer. Functionality wise and game mechanics are almost ready.

Game features:

* 2-4 players - Action-filled Multiplayer Gameplay.

* Complete Multiplayer missions against random or matched players to earn points to your Highscore.

* Compete with friends in Private rooms, to see who's the best sharpshooter.

Game Mechanics

* Limited Arrows - Be sure to pick them up if you see any. Make sure you don't run out.

* Fletching - Stones, twigs & feathers spawn on random locations around the map. Collect at least one of each to create an arrow.

* Hide behind scenery for surprise attacks.

* 4 classes each with their own special abilities will be released after Launch.

Planned updates:

* Milestone 1 - Basic Movement and Arrowshooting - DONE.

* Milestone 2 - Basic Multiplayer functionality using Photon Cloud - DONE.

* Milestone 3 - Tweak all Multiplayer & Touch controls - DONE

* Milestone 4 - Z-ordering, Arrowlogic & Pickups - DONE

* Milestone 5 - Build basic map, with props and goodies - DONE

* Milestone 5b Rebuild map and replace characters and props using Q3D

* Milestone 6 - Missions & Highscore system & Graphics Polish

* Milestone 7 - Menu's and UI.

* Milestone 8 - Final bugfixes, tweaks and wrapping for Android, iOS & Windows 10

Want to join the playtest group? Go to:

https://www.facebook.com/groups/arrowheads.playtest/

• October Update: After a little development break I will now start creating all the props and scenery for the levels. As soon as the level is getting complete i will announce Closed Pre-Alpha tests. Currently working on the shaders and the palette and creating all of the props, building etc.

The style of the game will be something like seen in the picture. Simple shaded 3D graphics with a little Vector feel to it. Kind of like 'Lara Croft Go' but with a little Ambient Occlusion to go with that.

• The picture looks beautiful Have you thought of a story mode?

• The picture looks beautiful Have you thought of a story mode?

Yep. Story mode is planned, but that will be after release. Probably after i have released more multiplayer maps as my library of assets will grow. I don't want to spend another year creating assets and characters and animations before release, so that will be a later addition.

• That is actually quite a good plan! It will be better to see if the game actually catches the attention of the audience and then give them "extra content" later. Smart

• That is actually quite a good plan! It will be better to see if the game actually catches the attention of the audience and then give them "extra content" later. Smart

Yeah that was what i thought. At first release I am aiming for multiplayer mode 1 type of character - 1 map. If people like the game i will continue to add more content, more maps, game modes, characters etc. Some suggestions from the community will most likely help the game become even better also.

• Good luck! I look forward to seeing more in the future.

• This looks really interesting, love the style of the graphics.

Can't wait to give it a go

• Started to work on a name and logo. I think it's getting there. Like it?

• Hmm, it is okay To me it seems a bit hmm, emotionless? I could imagine the white skull on a pirate flag. That was my first impression. But I guess that is not quite what you are going for?

I am no graphic designer so I can't help you do this but how about having the skull replace the O in the word "Arrow" and have the arrow then pierce the whole word from left to right? Also having the rest of the text be of a different color. Some brown, beige, woodish color?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Sunday prop modeling session started. Lots of things on the list that needs to be done. A couple of weeks of work ahead of me, but it's gonna be pretty & awesome hopefully.

• Hmm, it is okay To me it seems a bit hmm, emotionless? I could imagine the white skull on a pirate flag. That was my first impression. But I guess that is not quite what you are going for?

I am no graphic designer so I can't help you do this but how about having the skull replace the O in the word "Arrow" and have the arrow then pierce the whole word from left to right? Also having the rest of the text be of a different color. Some brown, beige, woodish color?

Thanks. It's a first mockup but it's getting there. I'm gonna pimp it some more in the coming weeks.

• Good to hear tunepunk!

• Every studio needs a logo so here's what I've been working on. I'm quite satisfied with this one. Hope you like it.

• To be honest with the logo I wouldn't have know what it said if I didn't look at your username

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)