Archer (Working title) Devlog.

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Fri Jun 10, 2016 8:48 am

PrinceofMars wrote:I can't remember if I said this before, but I love your minimalist character design.

Haha, thanks :D I'm quite happy with the result. Sometimes less is more. My initial sketches looked a bit different. This is one of the first sketches i did for one of the character, before i settled for the more minimalistic style.

Mainly because I was lazy.... A lot of my design decisions for this game are based on laziness.

Simple flat style characters = No rigging, skinning, texturing.
Simple objects = No details, no textures, no long render times.
Multiplayer Game = I don't wanna spend a lot of time creating, enemies, AI, storyline, interactive objects, etc etc.

We'll partly laziness, and because I'm only 1 person doing my first game, so I wanna release before 2038 at least. :p
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 10, 2016 9:21 am

Those shadows look great. Also, may I suggest using licecap? I've been using it record gifs, and the quality it gives me is really wonderful.
Zelda Gamekit (my project)

Example capxs:

Zelda-Style Inventory

Zelda Health

3-saveslot system

[url=https://www.dropbox.com/s/d4396pwak0oh7q6/ZeldaDialogueSystem.capx?dl=0]Zelda-like Dialogue[
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 11, 2016 12:24 am

looks interesting... I agree with taistelusopuli replace letter o with the skull and pierce the arrow through the whole word. About your logo try to isometric the word tune and make the word punk its shadow. Try adding female variants to the roster, instead of one huntress that looks like robin hood. That will increase no. of players to 8, instead of 4. You can also give each variant a unique skill. looking forward to your game. All the best.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 15, 2016 1:27 pm

WickedRoger wrote:looks interesting... I agree with taistelusopuli replace letter o with the skull and pierce the arrow through the whole word. About your logo try to isometric the word tune and make the word punk its shadow. Try adding female variants to the roster, instead of one huntress that looks like robin hood. That will increase no. of players to 8, instead of 4. You can also give each variant a unique skill. looking forward to your game. All the best.

Yeah I'm going to polish up some of the stuff later. But for the characters Maybe I will add both female and male versions of them all later but for now I need to keep it simple. Making a game for mobile i need to keep an eye on the memory budget and performance, so I keep adding more stuff slowly as I go. Don't wanna release a laggy/crashing game.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:02 pm

#&#!? Apparently there's another studio making a game called same as mine, i just found out. So I might be needing a new name. *sigh*
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 23, 2016 3:25 pm

I would like to suggest "Hoodies" or maybe "Hoodie" which is a combination of hood from Robin Hood and your character designs plus die which is something they will do :P Anyway, great progress so far :D Keep it up!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 24, 2016 8:31 am

Anonnymitet wrote:I would like to suggest "Hoodies" or maybe "Hoodie" which is a combination of hood from Robin Hood and your character designs plus die which is something they will do :P Anyway, great progress so far :D Keep it up!

Thanks a lot. Not a bad idea. I kind of like it. I'll definitely keep that one in Mind. ;)
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:50 am

Made a lot of performance improvements this weekend. Cut the Z ordering CPU usage by approx 70%. And instead of Arrows checking for collisions every tick while in flight I turned off collisions for arrows & changed to use some kind of quick raycast approach, that detects collisions before the shot is fired, and then the arrow just travels to there. Turned off collision detection for players as well. If an arrow is in flight it picks the nearest other player, and if the arrow get within 30px of the player count as a hit. I think I've done all I can performance wise, so now back to polishing up the level UI, and artwork.
B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:05 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:I would like to suggest "Hoodies" or maybe "Hoodie" which is a combination of hood from Robin Hood and your character designs plus die which is something they will do :P Anyway, great progress so far :D Keep it up!

Played around with your idea there, Maybe just hood would work?

B
S
G

Post » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:43 pm

If the name Hood isn't already taken then I think you have a new name ;) I like it and the logo is great and suits the style of the game perfectly :D
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests