Archer (Working title) Devlog.

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2016 1:16 pm

I just recently posted a Team request here to speed up the development a bit.

https://www.scirra.com/forum/team-request-archer-multiplayer-game_t178529

... so if anyone would be interested in helping me out with this project check out the post and get back to me. Solo development is hard work and I would love to find someone to help me brainstorm and finish off the game.
Follow my progress on Twitter
or in this thread Archer Devlog
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2016 4:15 pm

Wish I had the time. Would love to help out on this project :) Hopefully you'll find a great partner. But I guess I'm more of a designer like you. I'm a 3D artist experienced in virtual reality but wasn't brave enough to make a pre-rendered game so I went for pixel art. Next game I'll make will probably be in 3D :P

Your profile states that your location is Malta. Is that true? If I remember right you're swedish like me, right? :)

Anyway, I hope this gets finished. I really like it so far :D
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2016 5:13 pm

Anonnymitet wrote:Wish I had the time. Would love to help out on this project :) Hopefully you'll find a great partner. But I guess I'm more of a designer like you. I'm a 3D artist experienced in virtual reality but wasn't brave enough to make a pre-rendered game so I went for pixel art. Next game I'll make will probably be in 3D :P

Your profile states that your location is Malta. Is that true? If I remember right you're swedish like me, right? :)

Anyway, I hope this gets finished. I really like it so far :D

Yeah you're right. From Sweden but currently living in Malta and working here. Ah, my background is also on 3d what software do you use?. In the case I don't find a c2 guru the 3D position will be up for grabs if they can match the style. Then I could focus on the code part. It's all about sharing the burdon. Haha. Although a sequel will probably be in full 3D. ;)

Thanks for you feedback, and happy you like it.. The game will be finished weather I find a partner or not, it's just gonna take a bit longer. I'm getting eager to finish it. :p
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:10 pm

I see. Sounds nice :) I usually work in 3Ds Max and Zbrush but I know maya and blender as well. So I started making games in Unity and Unreal Engine but ended up choosing C2 for my project to speed the developing process up a bit :P

Here are some of my work in 3D.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GhxoXD58UTU
https://linus1988.carbonmade.com/projects/5318005
https://linus1988.carbonmade.com/projects/5318009

It's not the same style as your game but I really like the minimalistic art style you're using.

So I hope you'll find a great partner and if not then I might be able to help when I'm done with my game ;)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 28, 2016 6:15 pm

@Anonnymitet , Nice texturing ^^

@tunepunk , do you plan to use photon cloud for multiplayer?
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:28 am

MadSpy wrote:@tunepunk , do you plan to use photon cloud for multiplayer?

Not planning. I'm already using it. ;) Try out the latest demo here on a mobile/tablet.
http://www.tunepunk.com/arrowheads

maybe u need to log in on 2 devices to try the multiplayer if there's no one else online.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jun 29, 2016 10:26 pm

@tunepunk , I successfully killed myself on 2 devices.. the artwork is really nice....and I found a little bug when you teleport your characters on a border of map, you are able to go outside the layout/screenview
Image Image
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:35 am

@MadSpy Thanks for trying. Ahhh. Yeah that's a known little bug, it will be fixed once i put some scenery and props at the edge of the map.

@Anonnymitet Nice work. Keep it up! What kind of game are you working on?
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 9:11 am

@tunepunk I'm working on the game in my signature below which is in early access on Steam. I'm finally getting close to the finish line. And when the game is finished it will be released on the Xbox One as well as I have an agreement with Microsoft.

So I'm eager to start a new project as this is my first game and I have learnt alot during this time. So my old events in this game aren't so fun to work with atm :P So when I start a new project I know how to design everything to make the development so much easier :)

Btw, will your game only be available on mobile?
Last edited by Anonnymitet on Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jun 30, 2016 10:11 am

Anonnymitet wrote:@tunepunk I'm working on the game in my signature below which is in early access on Steam. So I'm getting close to the finish line. And when the game is finished it will be released on the Xbox One as well as I have an agreement with Microsoft.

So I'm eager to start a new project as this is my first game and I have learnt alot during this time. So my old events in this game aren't so fun to work with atm :P So when I start a new project I know how to design everything to make the development so much easier :)

Btw, will your game only be available on mobile?

At first the game will be only on Mobile - that's the plan. But I have Xbox and Steam and other platforms in mind as well. Once I've figured out a nice way to translate the pulling back and releasing the string mechanics of the touch controllers to something similar to be used with keyboard or gamepad I'll probably release for other platforms as well, but it has to feel right :)
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests