Arduino plugin (Gamedev Tools)

Discuss Scirra's 2D Asset Store

Post » Fri Aug 05, 2016 5:33 pm

Hi @isasaurio
Yes you can! Sounds like a fun idea :)
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 20, 2016 8:47 pm

Just wanted to say I bought this plugin (and additional tools) and so far it's definitely worth the price. It even saves me money by allowing me to use existing hardware (mobile phone, home WiFi, PC screen, tablet touchscreens) instead of having to buy dedicated hardware! Thank you to the Dev(s), and I hope some more people pick this up!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 20, 2016 11:58 pm

Omg this is amazing. It gives "construct" another and original level of meaning :P. You could chrome cast the game on a giant tv screen and build giant physical control buttons (buzzer). Maybe something for xmas. I wish I knew how to handle electric stuff. :lol:
B
S
G

Post » Mon Nov 21, 2016 5:49 pm

So, @jan2000 earlier you said that I needed "a computer running the Construct 2 page," but from the tutorial it looks like what you meant was a computer running the Construct 2 preview server.

Is it true then that this can't be exported within a project (aka game) or have I interpreted this wrong?

Thank you!
Last edited by jasmattkrz on Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Nov 26, 2016 2:37 pm

Hi @jasmattkrz
No it doesn't have to run on Construct 2 preview server. You could export for HTML5 and run it locally on i.e. an XAMPP server - or host it on a remote server. Thanx for the kind words BTW! And let us know of any questions.

@MACPK It's a good idea :) The electronics are actually really simple (and cheap). $3.88 for a standard Arduino Uno http://m.ebay.com/itm/NEW-UNO-R3-ATmega328P-CH340-Mini-USB-Board-for-Compatible-Arduino-WL-/161883302204 - to use with any button and a 10K resistor wired like this https://i.stack.imgur.com/9Bk0F.png
B
S

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 1:51 am

@jan2000 oh cool, thanks for the links. that is really cheap and doesn't look to complicated to get connected. :-)
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:52 am

Thanks again @jan2000 ! I reworded my original question to be a little more to the point and less alarmist :D

There just weren't any instructions included on how to export the project and make it work once it was out of Construct 2's preview mode, so I assumed that wasn't how the plugin was designed.

I'd love to see an amended tutorial that covers exporting, since XAMPP seems a bit complicated for people like myself without networking experience. For example, do I need the XAMPP server and the breakout server running?

Also, I was successfully using my phone on the network to control the Arduino plugged into my PC, but will I lose that functionality without the C2 preview server running (in which case, I might make my final "app" use the Multiplayer plugin and signalling server as well, which could even grant remote access).

In a dream world I'd also love to know how you got the Arduino working over wifi with the ESP8266 :P But I know your time is valuable and that's beyond the scope of this plugin... so maybe if there were another plugin for Arduino Wifi I'd buy that, too (once I figure out how to get the Arduino plugin working in an exported project, anyway)!

Thanks again!!
B
S
G

Post » Sun Nov 27, 2016 2:47 pm

Hi @jasmattkrz Thank you. It is common for all Construct 2 projects that they need to be hosted (remotely or locally) once exported as HTML5. But I have now included an XAMPP- tutorial in the documentation: https://www.dropbox.com/s/xy2xowzige72v56/Tutorial2.pdf
I have also described how you can use it via mobile. Hope it helps you out!
I haven't tried using the plugin with ESP8266 yet. But when I do, I will definitely write about it :)
Last edited by jan2000 on Sat Mar 18, 2017 12:17 am, edited 3 times in total.
B
S

Post » Mon Nov 28, 2016 6:31 am

I've read through the updated tutorial @jan2000 , and I really appreciate the information! I will be away from my home computer for a week and a half, so I can't fully test my setup, but I'm grateful for your help and I'm excited to get back to development now that you've detailed the export process.

Thank you again! Great customer support!
B
S
G

Post » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:08 am

Hi @jan2000
Can the plugin use Bluetooth instead of Wifi ? Because I want to make a project that should also work outside the house, just by interfacing the board with the smartphone via Bluetooth.
Banned User
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Scirra Store