Are there any plans for a Holiday sale this season?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Fri Nov 27, 2015 5:45 pm

I've been using C2 free for quite a while now, and my project has gotten to the point where I need to purchase the software to continue doing much. However, with money being a bit more tight during the holidays I was wondering if there is any chance Scrirra will be doing a sale in the coming months (even for something like %25 off), or if they stay pretty firm on the price.

I'd like to buy it soon, but dishing out $130 right now just isn't much of an option, so I'm tempted to jump on the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 sale and see about porting over what I have there. Has anyone else around here had a similar dilemma?
B
15
S
2
Posts: 37
Reputation: 856

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:56 am

Scirra will usually notify by email of the sales pertaining to the personal or business editions of Construct 2. They don't have many discount sales, yeah I know it sucks but hang in there! I'm quite happy to hear that you've reached the limit of the free edition, it means that your progressing with the software!
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
Image
B
35
S
15
G
6
Posts: 337
Reputation: 6,275

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 3:59 am

Also keep an eye on steam, it could be discounted there in the winter sale http://store.steampowered.com/app/227240/
B
32
S
6
G
2
Posts: 317
Reputation: 2,801

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 10:33 am

i've tried clickteam, game maker, and so on.. c2 is simply the best for 2d games, game maker is next, and others are just baaaaaaaaaaad..
Sea Monsters template - Isometric
Also includes 40 pages PDF of optimizations and "how-to" for your games, and how the "sea monsters" template was built. Follow link for details :)

sea-monsters-templates-and-assets_t162705
B
41
S
14
G
12
Posts: 619
Reputation: 9,351

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 5:08 pm

Usman Haq wrote:Scirra will usually notify by email of the sales pertaining to the personal or business editions of Construct 2. They don't have many discount sales, yeah I know it sucks but hang in there! I'm quite happy to hear that you've reached the limit of the free edition, it means that your progressing with the software!


Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for something over the next couple months, and just work with what I have for now. It's possible I can make the game a bit more efficient within the limitations of the free version. :D
B
15
S
2
Posts: 37
Reputation: 856

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:47 pm

The easiest is Construct 2, but you will have some issues with the export.

You should try each a little and see how it goes. At the moment Fusion 2.5 has a nice sale on Steam, but watch out for hidden things as needing Developer Licence to include Ads or remove splash logo ... etc. Other than that is decent and has produced some good selling games.
B
48
S
15
G
6
Posts: 528
Reputation: 7,158

Post » Sat Nov 28, 2015 8:59 pm

saiyadjin wrote:i've tried clickteam, game maker, and so on.. c2 is simply the best for 2d games, game maker is next, and others are just baaaaaaaaaaad..



This...

I just wish Construct 2 had better first party mobile export support.
Image
B
81
S
16
G
4
Posts: 501
Reputation: 8,934

Post » Mon Dec 07, 2015 7:36 pm

Vpick wrote:I've been using C2 free for quite a while now, and my project has gotten to the point where I need to purchase the software to continue doing much. However, with money being a bit more tight during the holidays I was wondering if there is any chance Scrirra will be doing a sale in the coming months (even for something like %25 off), or if they stay pretty firm on the price.

I'd like to buy it soon, but dishing out $130 right now just isn't much of an option, so I'm tempted to jump on the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 sale and see about porting over what I have there. Has anyone else around here had a similar dilemma?


Construct 2 is 30% off!!! Your wish came true!
Risk Rocket now available on Google Play
Image
B
35
S
15
G
6
Posts: 337
Reputation: 6,275

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 12:24 am

Usman Haq wrote:
Vpick wrote:I've been using C2 free for quite a while now, and my project has gotten to the point where I need to purchase the software to continue doing much. However, with money being a bit more tight during the holidays I was wondering if there is any chance Scrirra will be doing a sale in the coming months (even for something like %25 off), or if they stay pretty firm on the price.

I'd like to buy it soon, but dishing out $130 right now just isn't much of an option, so I'm tempted to jump on the Clickteam Fusion 2.5 sale and see about porting over what I have there. Has anyone else around here had a similar dilemma?


Construct 2 is 30% off!!! Your wish came true!


I just checked this morning. Jumping on it! :D
B
15
S
2
Posts: 37
Reputation: 856

Post » Tue Dec 08, 2015 5:55 am

I was definitely sure there was going to be a holiday sale so this morning I purchased mine :D
B
13
S
5
G
1
Posts: 116
Reputation: 1,805

Next

Return to Construct 2 General

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests