Are there multiplayer demos somewhere?

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:36 pm

We currently have no plans to run separate signalling servers. The server at multiplayer.scirra.com is running on a high-end dedicated server with a gigabit connection. I don't understand why you would want to run your own signalling server for LAN games - if you are on the same LAN then WebRTC will still connect you directly to each other and the game data travels with virtually zero latency over the LAN. This already happens. No game data travels through the signalling server, it exists solely for peers to find each other, including identifying if users are on the same local network and taking advantage of that. It would seem to be to be a considerable inconvenience to have to configure and host a signalling server for a LAN game when it offers no benefit over connecting to the existing server!
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:40 pm

Read the tutorials before you want to get helped. Introduction explains everything
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 7:40 pm

@Ashley

Is C2 capable for supporting a serious RTS multiplayer game (2-8 players, UDP, NAT Punchthrough etc.)?
Game is still in plans but i would like to know before we start... can it be done properly with C2 or should we look towards Unity etc.?

Thank you.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:34 pm

@irina - nobody has attempted such an ambitious project with the multiplayer feature yet, so it's not clear. I'd recommend building a small scale prototype and see how it works for you. It already supports UDP and NAT punchthrough though.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Previous

Return to How do I....?