Aria of Destiny(Tenative) - Platformer *WIP, seriously*

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon Dec 08, 2008 3:53 pm

I'll check out the new cap when you post it; I'm getting the dialogue freeze too.
Nice to see some Mega Man ZX Advent love! Ashe is pretty cool :wink:

Yeah it's all cool if you want to use ripped sprites, but I suppose the big problem here is the different styles. Julius is TINY (was that from a gba castlevania?) Ashe is all DS pretty and the sonic is fugly. lol
But I am curious to try this one out!

*I stole your car*
Add this game to your list: An Untitled Story.
http://www.mattmakesgames.com/showgame.php?id=13
The graphics are simple but cool. It's a very very good game (albeit a bit hard!)

your avatar makes me lol
B
S
G

Post » Tue Dec 09, 2008 11:06 am

What avi? XD

But still, the graphics are placeholders. My focus is on, primarilly, functionality.

Version 0.03

Basically, I'm trying to get Julius' attack to work properly, make characters actually look like they're jumping when jumping while not moving to the side, fix the odd ducking, and fix the problem involving the second room, which has me completely stumped. THEN I'll move on to things such as enemies, and stuff.

But for now, any suggestions and help would be lovely.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 10, 2009 8:42 am

IIIIITTTTTTTTTTSSSSSSS BACK, BABY!

It's been a while since I've posted the status of this game, but it's been going swell! Some of you guys who have been helping me while we were hanging out in the chat, thanks to all of you - I have an official demo ready, and though Wario and Crono aren't playable in the demo, they're working perfectly.

Trailer!

The demo!

Here's the readme:

HOW TO PLAY:

This is a Metroidvania, a platforming game which only limits you to your character's abilities - exploration is not only possible, but reccomended!

AREAS:

- Forest
- Marble Zone
- Hideout

There is supposed to be the city of Phantastie in-between MZ and the Hideout, but that hasn't been done yet.

CONTROLS:

Movement: Arrow Keys
Jump: Shift
Attack: Control
Sub-attack: Control + Up
Fall through platforms: Down +Jump
Crouch: Down
Use portal/Save Point/Talk: Up
Cutscene progression: Shift

CHARACTERS:

Ashe - uses a pistol
Julius - uses a whip
Sonic - can jump into enemies to attack (control on its own is his sub-attack button)

Wario and Crono aren't playable in this demo.

KNOWN PROBLEMS (I'm not perfect, ya know.):

- Crash going Forest -> Marble Zone -> Forest -> Marble Zone
- Crash going from Hideout -> Marble Zone
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:38 pm

How did you did the moving platforms? Are they on Sin Movement? Couse when i`nmm making them on sin movement my character start shakeing.
My professional Royalty Free Music at Scirra Assets Store
--------------------------------
Specs: i5 2500, 16gb of ram, gtx 770, win 7, Focusrite Scarlett 8i6, Mackie mr8mk2, Alesis 320, browsing the net on chrome.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:05 pm

How about having the actual platform, which is invisible, in a container with some sin movement sprite (visible of course) and always set it to the same position?

One time I spawned with Julius Belmont inside the walls in the sonic level.
Btw press S on you become SONIC himself. :)

Ah, and I don't think Belmont should be moving while he's attacking with the whip.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:42 pm

Yeah, they're sin movement.
[quote:2jht58yg]One time I spawned with Julius Belmont inside the walls in the sonic level.
Btw press S on you become SONIC himself. :) [/quote:2jht58yg]
You must have been lagging, methinks... As for the S key, that's a debug key I forgot to remove. XD I'll remove it when I get the time.
[quote:2jht58yg]Ah, and I don't think Belmont should be moving while he's attacking with the whip.[/quote:2jht58yg]
Well, I'll see what I can do about that.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Feb 11, 2009 3:57 am

B
S
G

Post » Thu Feb 12, 2009 12:27 am

Yo man, great update! I'll check it out after class!
Bonus points for Crono Trigger sprites :P
B
S
G

Post » Tue Feb 17, 2009 11:25 am

Re-did Crono's slash, now it's more close-combat rather than an energy slash. (Yes, the hotspot is off, shut up.)

Okay, ADVERTISMENT MODE GO! I am looking for someone or two to help out with the sprites and animations. Both of these take up too much of my time that I could be using programming the actual game. If someone could help out, it would be much, much appreciated!

And HERE COMES A NEW CHALLENGER:

The sixth character, Bass! (No, he doesn't have a mugshot on the HUD, I haven't fully finished him yet.)
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jul 25, 2009 9:53 am

[size=200:22pm9jr5]SAGE BOOTH OPEN![/size:22pm9jr5]

That's right, Sage is in town, and I have a booth. And a new demo!
B
S
G

PreviousNext

Return to Your Creations