The controls are still a bit buggy in the sense that pressing multiple buttons can cause undesired behavior. You notice this for example when jumping then whipping with Julius and not releasing the whip button until after you've landed on the ground. Or if the whip button is held, the jump animation becomes the standing or walking animation. These are small things and adding the right button release and ground landing functions should remove all of these.
I haven't tried that much yet, but some things I've noticed:
- you have to press up or down twice to change the direction you go through the switches with in the entry screen.
- the first save point somehow didn't seem to work for me...
- mana upgrades (the only ones I've found till now) crash the game (better said: I just might be to stupid to have the game continue, but I've pushed most every button :/ )
- Sonic's slipping physics are so strong that it's highly disturbing to play with him... worse than any ice level in other games
- vertically moving platforms make the character shake (shouldn't be to hard to correct if the platform forces characters on it to move or something... :/ )
- music (but that was mentioned)
- I still need to find out how I managed to produce the bug that made all springs stop working... pressing the whip button seemed to relieve the bug though... interesting glitch though...
that's some problems for now.
Personally I'd prefer Sonic's Genesis (like from sonic and knuckles) animations, but that's personal preference.
Good proceeding on the project here. There's still a way to go, but things look promising.