Array Spawn Enemy Problem?

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
Be discreet and rescue your friends from behind enemy lines.
  • I'm making a game that involves 4 enemies. When spawning, one of the enemies will be chosen at random using an array.

The way i did this was by creating a sprite and within the sprite add 4 seperate animations(being the 4 enemies)

Then i coded the array as follows.....

On start of layout > Array > Enemies > Push Back "names of enemies" on X axis

and for spawning it and selecting the enemy i used the following

System > every random (1,2) > Create enemy > layer 1 at x , y

> Enemy > Set animation to > (Enemy.At( floor(random(Enemy.Width)) )

Now the problem is that when the enemy is created it should select one of the 4 enemies from the animation at random, which it does. However the enemy that is the default animation (the first animation/Main Sprite) is spawned much more frequently than the others??

• Why not set animation to choose("animation1","animation2","animation3","animation4")

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Without a capx it's hard to see where it's going wrong, but littlestain's efficient suggestion should work perfectly.

• Thanks works great. Not sure why i didn't consider that haha

• But when i need to write animation1 > on collision with > xyz > destroy

The problem is that each animation gets destroyed by a different object and because they are animations it only lets me select the 1 sprite that is comprised of the animations as opposed to the animations themselves.

• just add the condition:

sprite on collision with

sprite animation1 is playing

destroy

• okay brilliant

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)