Array To Table

Show us your completed creations made in Construct 2

Post » Tue May 07, 2013 11:05 pm

Didn't really know where to put it, but chose to put it here.

Array to table
One thing I find inconvenient about arrays is that it might be difficult to remember what you put where. So I decided to create something which displays an array in a table form. I thought it was useful so that's why I'm posting this. I highly doubt that this might be handy to use in a game, but it may help you out when testing.
All you have to do is download the file and put it in the project you are working on. All you might want to change is the width of the cells.

A rather empty array being drawn in a table at runtime.

Download
Download the project file here

Some tips
If the table doesn't display properly you might have to adjust the width of the cells.
ArraySpaces, ArrayX and ArrayY are some variables that are required to display the table. You do not need to change these.
It's best to chose a font which has a fixed width (all letters take as much space - a 'W' is in the width as big as an 'I'). I chose Lucida Console, you can change this if you'd like.
Note that it doesn't display the Z-axis.

I hope it may be of use to anyone Jasper2013-05-07 23:14:32
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jun 28, 2013 3:15 pm

Thanks, it helped me!
I was looking for something like this to view and export data to csv.
Great job!
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:01 pm

[QUOTE=j2l] Thanks, it helped me!
I was looking for something like this to view and export data to csv.
Great job![/QUOTE]

Note that I made some mistakes with the width & height of the array. If I recall correctly the last row & collumn isn't showed. To solve this problem you can make your array bigger (or correct it yourself ;) )
B
S
G

Return to Completed Creations