Ashley Error with String (with double quotation marks)

Just started using Construct 2? Post your questions here

Post » Thu Dec 14, 2017 1:59 pm

Hello Scirra I'm trying to put quotation marks inside the String and the manual asks to put "" hi "" (with double quotation marks), but does not accept the syntax error. Is there any way to fix the problem?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/77/nat ... onstruct-2
B
S

Post » Thu Dec 14, 2017 2:08 pm

marceloborghi wrote:Hello Scirra I'm trying to put quotation marks inside the String and the manual asks to put "" hi "" (with double quotation marks), but does not accept the syntax error. Is there any way to fix the problem?

https://www.scirra.com/tutorials/77/nat ... onstruct-2

This section is for actual bugs in the Construct 2 software. Is this what your post is saying?

If so, please ensure you follow the Bug Report Requirements or this report will not be investigated, and will likely be closed automatically.

If you just want to ask a question then the correct forum location is the C2 'How Do I' section.
If your vision so exceeds your ability, then look to something closer.
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 14, 2017 4:13 pm

@marceloborghi

You need one " for defining the start/end of the string and then two "" to show a quote, so """hi""" to show "hi"

From the manual:
The double-quotes are not included as part of the text, so setting a text object to show the expression "Hello" will make it show Hello, without any double-quotes. To include a double-quote in a string, use two double-quotes next to each other (""), e.g. "He said ""hi"" to me" will return He said "hi" to me.
Find all the Construct 2 games that were on Steam Greenlight here
B
S
G

Post » Thu Dec 14, 2017 7:15 pm

Moved from Bugs to Beginner's questions.
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Return to Beginner's Questions