@Ashley (Fixed Bug Report)

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
From the Asset Store
Match same tiles with each other as fast as you can and earn more score during a limited time!
  • Once you open this look for the 2 blank objects with the default name sprites ASHLEY. Those were the two objects causing the game to crash. Take a look at those and what they are doing and see if you can tell what happened. My conclusion was deleting the sprites and relaunching. This fixed everything.

Problem Description

-Crashes on launch

Attach a Capx

-capx

Description of Capx

Simple testing of animations, environment objects, and character movements.

Steps to Reproduce Bug

• Launch the Capx
    • Should immediately get the error code

Observed Result

On launch of Capx Scirra pops up the bug window instantly.

Expected Result

The game should launch fine.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (YES)
    • Internet Explorer: (YES)

Operating System and Service Pack

Windows 7 SP1

Construct 2 Version ID

Beta Release (r181) at the time. I also used the Stable Release to test it and got the same results.

• Sorry, nothing we can do here - it's just a project with a missing PNG file (frame 0 from "default" animation in "Sprite"). We need to know how to reproduce this problem in the first place. There's no useful information in the project itself or that error message, it is all a consequence of a file that has gone missing. Please also *always* follow the full bug report guidelines, our policy is to close without investigation any reports that don't follow the guidelines - usually, all of that information is essential (particularly in this case "steps to reproduce").

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Ashley Figured it out myself. I had 2 blank sprites in the object types I forgot to delete which was causing it to attempt loading them and their frames with no source.

FIXED

• Forgetting to delete an object should not cause a PNG file to go missing from the project. I think you must have done something else.

• Forgetting to delete an object should not cause a PNG file to go missing from the project. I think you must have done something else.

Ashley you misunderstood me. I had 2 sprites that had no image. They were just blank sprites. Therefor it had nothing to read for those sprites. It crashed on export and on relaunch I just clicked retry, deleted the blank sprites, and everything was back to normal.

• Inc - that should still not cause a problem - please report a bug with the full steps on how to reproduce that so we can fix it.

• Inc - that should still not cause a problem - please report a bug with the full steps on how to reproduce that so we can fix it.

Ashley when I deleted the blank sprites it started working again. I will write a step by step on what happened. I will edit the original post with the correct form. I'm quite sure this was my own error rather than a system bug.

• Ashley I have repaired the original post if you would like to take a look at that. Also on the topic of that conversation with nickydude, he got an attitude when I said it seemed his topic was a bug. So I just edited my post with no need to be a d**k. Idk what it was all about but I am glad you locked that. What I said about in the last post is not true to all, so if it offended you I do apologize, just know I was referring to people like him.

• Inc - please post a new thread in the Bugs forum, this report was already closed and editing the first post to something different means the thread no longer makes any sense which can make it very confusing to deal with

• Ashley just forget it lol

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)