[ASK] REAL-Time Strategy GAMES

Discuss game development design and post your game ideas

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:01 am

Hai.. This is my first post. Just I want know its any RTS game made by C2? I want develop a strategy game like warcraft, DOTA or similiar RTS genre games. And second question its C2 can import JSOn file like 2D animation tools (spine, spriter, etc). Thanks
B
S

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:38 am

RTS games are notoriously difficult (the engine doesn't matter in this case). You have some benefits with C2 because pathfinding is built in, but it's a monumental task. There's seriously a ton that would need made. It makes my RPG look simple. I'm sure someone has done some small tests and such, but I haven't seen one made in C2 to my knowledge. It already has native Spriter support (literally drag the scml/scon files into C2 and voila) and someone is working on a spine plugin, however.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:34 am

C-7 wrote:RTS games are notoriously difficult (the engine doesn't matter in this case). You have some benefits with C2 because pathfinding is built in, but it's a monumental task. There's seriously a ton that would need made. It makes my RPG look simple. I'm sure someone has done some small tests and such, but I haven't seen one made in C2 to my knowledge. It already has native Spriter support (literally drag the scml/scon files into C2 and voila) and someone is working on a spine plugin, however.

Thanks C-7 for the answer. I on learn pathfinding and yes it might difficult but thats the challenges to be solved. :)
B
S

Return to Game Development, Design & Ideas