Asm.JS for Mobile

0 favourites
  • 7 posts
From the Asset Store
A simple fun and stylish endless scroller game ready to be customized and published.
  • Hello!

I noticed that on my android device asm.JS causes some lag, and by lag I mean that sometimes it freezes for something like 0.1 seconds.

Instead, Box2DWeb works perfectly.

Also, I've read about a future Box2DWeb deprecation, but why removing it if it works better than asm.js on mobile?

What are your thoughts?

*Sorry for my english

*The CPU is Snapdragon800

*My app is compiled with Intel XDK

• "Also, I've read about a future Box2DWeb deprecation, but why removing it if it works better than asm.js on mobile?"

because ashley does not agree with those issues it seems (if you can reproduce it consistently, might be worth a bug report). However I still think this a fishy situation (some people are seeing and it seems mesuring noticeable issues with asm.js, fof a not so faster result, not sure why though).

• Oh, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who experienced that!

That said, on pc I found the opposite situation:

-(very)Fast simulation with asm.js

-some micro-lags with box2D web.

Thank you for your Reply

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • As an alternative, a lot of people (including myself) are quite fond of the third party chipmunk physics plugin (courtesy R0J0hound):

• TiAm How is it in terms of performance?

• Similar to box2d, maybe a hair lower cpu usage. The framerate seems more consistent though. I've only used it a bit, so I'm probably not the best person to ask.

• I'll try it

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)