asm.js - did I miss the polygon limitation?

Discussion and feedback on Construct 2

Post » Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:47 am

OK, so I expect that I'm setting myself up for a lot of incoming rocks, rotten tomatoes and spears for not paying enough attention to developments. And the developments with C2 are fast and excellent, so I'm not complaining... I just wandered if my ignorance was really down to sleeping in the forum or if the manual / release logs missed this gem.

Is it widely known within the community that the asm.js physics engine does not support objects with more than 8 collision polygon points? And 'does not support' really means that it will crash on run....

If I missed this then I apologize for wasting your time, but if not - you've been informed...
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 21, 2014 9:35 pm

I did not saw that in the manual, it just said about the disabling collisions, and never heard of it before.
Game design is all about decomposing the core of your game so it becomes simple instructions.
B
S
G

Post » Sat Jun 21, 2014 10:25 pm

@Aphrodite - yeah, I submitted a bug report and found out from Ashley. Now I'm careful to monitor how many polygon points I add to each sprite to avoid a repeat (it's do-able but a bit limiting....). Since that one fail I've not had a repeat of the problem - even though I still have a couple of objects with more than 8 points in their polygons the game continues to run ok with asm.js physics (only on test & I'm ready to fall back to box 2d).... So it looks like whatever causes the failure to trigger is not guaranteed to fail every time you have 9+ points.

here's the bug report
I only occasionally visit - I'm learning C# for Unity, but c2 is still a respectable game engine imo....
B
S
G

Return to Construct 2 General