Assertion failure on load

0 favourites
  • 10 posts
  • Problem Description

This error pops up in Airscape when previewing from time to time. It seems to only happen from a fresh preview restart, and in a specific level. I wish I could provide a capx but the game is huge and complex and this is the sort of problem that doesn't reproduce in a small project.

The error pops up after death, when loading a save state. pressing 'OK' allows the game to continue, but there are weird side-effects in the game for (weirdly) a few seconds afterwards (Some events don't execute properly).

In export, the error message doesn't pop up, but the side-effects remain.

Ashley, if you'd like me to send the capx in private just let me know. If there's anything more I can do to make this easier to solve let me know as well.

Affected Browsers

• Chrome: (YES)
    • FireFox: (N/A)
    • Internet Explorer: (N/A)

Operating System and Service Pack

Win7 64bit

Construct 2 Version ID

r168

• Are you sure you don't use any third party plugins/behaviors? A buggy third-party addon could cause this.

• The only one I use is Spriter, and it's not present in the level where this occurs.

• From the call stack it looks like 'On destroyed' is triggering and using 'Pick by UID' in a subevent. Does that help you narrow it down to make a minimal repro?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Was this resolved Sqiddster? Im having the same issue when restoring a saved game from another layout that returns to that layout. As long as I restore the saved game once im on the actual layout, it will load. I can use that to build a workaround, (check for saved game when 'game' layout starts and load it if exists).. but maybe you found out the reason for the error -- im assuming there are things that are not being properly setup when 'forcing' yourself into the layout via the save state...

• I haven't checked Ashley's solution since the bug was really rare and I was working on other stuff.

• Cool thanks.

• I have the same problem after I restart my game's main layout

It only appears random. I receive no error messages anymore (after release 212.2) but I can see a big loss of frame rate (40/45 fps instead of 60fps).

any solutions?

• bkdove

As stated, you shouldn't post in a closed bug report.

Best bet is to create a new bug report following all the guidelines - include a minimal .capx and precise steps - or Ashley will be likely to close it automatically.

• oops I didn't realize it was closed... ok, I will.

thank u

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)