Asset store defaults to video on certain views - problem

If you have found a bug, or have a suggestion/comment then leave it here

Post » Sun Jul 05, 2015 9:04 pm

Hello,

At the moment, at least in the graphics asset store, if you upload all images and a video the default view on your profile such as my own https://www.scirra.com/store/sellers/pr ... rkshop-462 then this type of view defaults to the video view.

I would use that link with caution however as due to all videos being loaded and on autoplay then that page is pretty scary. And that is my point - I would heartily love to include video but as it stands at the moment like this it is not practical to do so.

What can I do about this - I do like to be able to include a video but as it stands I am going to have to remove them.

Can there be an option?

Many Thanks

Kay
Be a hero and introduce Project Isabella Graphic Workshop to schools and clubs.
Graphics For Schools
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 8:49 am

I have raised this issue twice now in the last 3 weeks and no one responds? It is an issue if I am right - basically adding videos can cripple certain views of the store. Anyone want to tell me who to nudge on this. I'd like to keep adding videos but as it stands at the moment it is not good.

Check this out https://www.scirra.com/store/sellers/project-isabella-graphic-workshop-462

Hoping someone can respond.
Thanks
Kay
Graphics For Schools
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:31 am

Sorry, always best to email me if you have a query re the store.

Our design decision for now is to autoplay them (muted) as it draws more attention to the listing. This is limited to 2/3 videos max on the category pages, but no limit on the sellers page. In the next upload, it will be disabled on sellers page.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:09 pm

Thanks for getting back on that @tom is it possible before the update to mute on the sellers page?
Graphics For Schools
B
S
G

Post » Thu Jul 09, 2015 10:09 am

It should be muted already on sellers page. I've found it it's not, it's because you've viewed the video on Youtube yourself, the settings of which override the Youtube API. For potential customers, it should be muted.
Image Image
Scirra Founder
B
S
G

Post » Fri Jul 10, 2015 8:28 pm

Thank you for that info @Tom - that is good news.
Kay
Graphics For Schools
B
S
G

Return to Website Issues and Feedback