AsterMiner - 10 levels and Core mechanics - Indiegogo

Show us your works in progress and request feedback

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:51 pm

Thanks Sargas, and I'm sorry if my post seemed too harsh as well. I was just really annoyed because it was the third time in a week or so that I had replied to someone asking for feedback which ended up (at least in my opinion) not really being wanted. So, I kind of let it all out in this thread and I'm sorry about that. I have no doubt that you have put a ton of time into making things work exactly how you wanted and then to hear feedback that it might not be quite as perfect as you thought can be hard. I'll give your game another try when I have a few minutes. And good luck with your campaign. I would love to see the game updated with real graphics and such. I agree with @somebody as well that I hope you will decide to go the route of high-res graphics for it. I think a game of this type could look amazing like that, especially with the different depths that you could come up with for the backgrounds etc.
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 4:03 pm

I just tried out your game again and in my opinion it's 100% better! The controls are much easier (if it were me I would decrease the side thrusts slightly but hey, maybe you're going to have something later in the game where turning tight will come in handy). The tutorial at the beginning is wonderful. I didn't even know that you could reverse before and I really like that. I would maybe add something about how to get the map to show up. I finally figured out that it was clicking on the ship that was making it happen. Before I thought that it was just clicking on the screen and it just wasn't coming up half of the time. :)
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:29 pm

@Burvey Glad you like it :D! The 2nd level explained how to open/close the map =P. There are a few additional mechanics on the successive levels as well ^^
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:50 pm

Nice work so far! I played through levels 1, 2, and briefly 3. The controls are, IMO, easy to use; and I ignored the instructions to see if I could get the hang of them without guidance. ;)

After about 10 seconds I was flying pretty carefree. :D

I think that perhaps a turn-thruster setting would help. Just a simple slider so more experienced players can increase the turning ability of the ship. :)

I also am not entirely convinced of the current graphical style. It is good for now, however, I think there is a whole lot of potential in your game. As for the animations and particle effects, I think they are perfect.

Again, nice work, keep it up!
ImageImageImageImage
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:52 pm

@Sargas oh cool. I did make it to the second level, but then the game froze up so I thought you had the demo set up to only play the first level. Could be a bug maybe. I'll test it out again and let you know.

EDIT: ok, I got through the portal that time so it's likely not a bug. Not sure why it didn't work before, but level 2 was even more fun. Keep up the good work!
B
S
G

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 9:41 pm

It's better now. What about brake to stop turn around. Music of button!!! Vertical scrolls up, why yours scroll down? Is collecting your only gameplay?
Playable games:
http://jamesxxxyz.newgrounds.com/
Newest: Blue and red arrows
Latest update: Blue and red arrows

What you want in C3?
viewtopic.php?f=146&t=122050

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLE7Ml ... /playlists
B
S

Post » Tue Jan 20, 2015 11:41 pm

@DatapawWolf The slider is a good idea. I was actually thinking about adding it =P. And the graphics are just placeholders, the entire reason i'm looking for funding is to hire an artist and a musician =)

@Burvey the prototype has all 10 levels available, not sure why it would froze up. The game gets more exiting as levels go up ^^, since this is a prototype, i'm actually thinking of making the complexity curve a lot steeper, the fact that some people are playing only the first couple of levels is actually pretty bad for me, since the best levels are the last ones =(

@JamesXXXYZ you can stop turning by turning the other way :D. I will add an audio related setting on the final version for sure. What do you mean by "scroll"?. And for now, kinda yes, but the game is actually about exploring the levels, solving puzzles, getting to know the characters and playing the story. It's like saying final fantasy is only about gaining exp, haha.
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 1:41 am

"you can stop turning by turning the other way"
that's clear. It's like by car games i wanna have a break until the car stops without moving backwards.
scroll.png

When you turn the tablet around than it is the right direction glider should move.

Turn off music isn't so difficult, i don't like music in games usually.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Playable games:

What you want in C3?

B
S

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 2:32 am

@JamesXXXYZ I see what you mean now. The ship has very little momentum, it takes about a seconds to come to a full stop (unless you were moving really fast). So making a move in the opposite direction to stop it is really effective =). Besides, keep in mind this is not a car, it's a spaceship in zero-G, the only way to break is to thrust against the momentum :D
B
S
G

Post » Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:16 am

Can you change the red color of the arrow to white or green? Red is negativ.

Maybe i should integrate zero-g in my Collect! game. It's a highspeed reflexe glider game (normal mode not at the beginning) with 8 keys controls (react max 5 keys down at the same time), or better not :-)
Playable games:

What you want in C3?

B
S

PreviousNext

Return to Works in Progress/Feedback Requests