Atari Games

Post your Construct-made creations!

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 7:47 pm

The Atari 2600 had one of the longest lifespans of any game system, even though I've played Atari simulators like the Atari Flashback for the ps2 and owned a Atari Flashback 2 I've never experienced the homebrew Atari Games until I found something. The Stella Atari Emulator. I have a link to it on my website in the applications section. (I haven't had time to publish the changes I've made, but I will when I get home). Anyway I put it on there because I am interested in making Homebrew ATARI 2600 games. I downloaded the Visual Batari BASIC program which is made to make ATARI 2600 games, I'm doing this mainly because I need to learn some programming and because it would be fun. What are you guy's thoughts on this?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 9:12 pm

[quote="Granhunter101":3a243rb1]The Atari 2600 had one of the longest lifespans of any game system, even though I've played Atari simulators like the Atari Flashback for the ps2 and owned a Atari Flashback 2 I've never experienced the homebrew Atari Games until I found something. The Stella Atari Emulator. I have a link to it on my website in the applications section. (I haven't had time to publish the changes I've made, but I will when I get home). Anyway I put it on there because I am interested in making Homebrew ATARI 2600 games. I downloaded the Visual Batari BASIC program which is made to make ATARI 2600 games, I'm doing this mainly because I need to learn some programming and because it would be fun. What are you guy's thoughts on this?[/quote:3a243rb1]

My thought is... "Open Topic"? :wink:
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 9:44 pm

Well thanks for that thoughtful insight sir but I would think this would be my creations because I said I'm making some ATARI 2600 games so wouldn't this count?
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 9:48 pm

Your Creations is kind of for your creations... with Scirra Construct, though.

And yes, it definitely sounds cool, and learning a language like BASIC is (from what i hear) relatively easy, so I wish you all the luck with that. The atari has a really strong homebrew community (mainly because Atari realizes it's free publicity for their console), so there are lots of outlets for homebrew.
Check out my VGM on my soundcloud page!
Video-Game Music: E.C.2151
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 10:13 pm

Well you have a point I'll get an admin to move the thread.
B
S
G

Post » Mon May 16, 2011 10:40 pm

Sorry for being rude, Granhunter. The 2600 was my very first console so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you create in the future. (as simple as they were, I still love the sound effects from the 2600). 8)
B
S
G

Return to Your Creations