Atari Games

This forum is currently in read-only mode.
From the Asset Store
10 Royalty free music tracks for your indie games and projects.
  • The Atari 2600 had one of the longest lifespans of any game system, even though I've played Atari simulators like the Atari Flashback for the ps2 and owned a Atari Flashback 2 I've never experienced the homebrew Atari Games until I found something. The Stella Atari Emulator. I have a link to it on my website in the applications section. (I haven't had time to publish the changes I've made, but I will when I get home). Anyway I put it on there because I am interested in making Homebrew ATARI 2600 games. I downloaded the Visual Batari BASIC program which is made to make ATARI 2600 games, I'm doing this mainly because I need to learn some programming and because it would be fun. What are you guy's thoughts on this?

• The Atari 2600 had one of the longest lifespans of any game system, even though I've played Atari simulators like the Atari Flashback for the ps2 and owned a Atari Flashback 2 I've never experienced the homebrew Atari Games until I found something. The Stella Atari Emulator. I have a link to it on my website in the applications section. (I haven't had time to publish the changes I've made, but I will when I get home). Anyway I put it on there because I am interested in making Homebrew ATARI 2600 games. I downloaded the Visual Batari BASIC program which is made to make ATARI 2600 games, I'm doing this mainly because I need to learn some programming and because it would be fun. What are you guy's thoughts on this?

My thought is... "Open Topic"?

• Well thanks for that thoughtful insight sir but I would think this would be my creations because I said I'm making some ATARI 2600 games so wouldn't this count?

• Try Construct 3

Develop games in your browser. Powerful, performant & highly capable.

Try Now Construct 3 users don't see these ads
  • Your Creations is kind of for your creations... with Scirra Construct, though.

And yes, it definitely sounds cool, and learning a language like BASIC is (from what i hear) relatively easy, so I wish you all the luck with that. The atari has a really strong homebrew community (mainly because Atari realizes it's free publicity for their console), so there are lots of outlets for homebrew.

• Well you have a point I'll get an admin to move the thread.

• Sorry for being rude, Granhunter. The 2600 was my very first console so I'll be looking forward to seeing what you create in the future. (as simple as they were, I still love the sound effects from the 2600).

Jump to:
Active Users
There are 1 visitors browsing this topic (0 users and 1 guests)