Attack Animations and Walking Sounds

Get help using Construct 2

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 9:27 am

You also don't need the "On A key down" in event 9 to 11 since this condition is already tested line 7 and common to all those sub-events.
You can post the URL to your capx as text that we will copy in the URL bar, That would likely be easy, because twice the screenshots you post actually fail to focus/display the events of where your issue lies (on the first screenshot, the events about moving/stopped are collapsed instead of being expanded unfortunately).
New to Construct ? Where to start

Image Image

Image Image

Please attach a capx to any help request or bug report !
B
S
G

Post » Wed Aug 26, 2015 10:28 am

Indomitus wrote:Hello there @Robaschi,

What I see here is that you have some overlapped events, you need to be very careful since Construct 2 reads the code lines in the order as they were written, and sometimes the system replaces similar events for the one that has been created at first.

Try changing the 11th line to "platform is jumping" instead of "Up arrow is down" and let's see what happens.

Cheers,

Kyatric wrote:You also don't need the "On A key down" in event 9 to 11 since this condition is already tested line 7 and common to all those sub-events.
You can post the URL to your capx as text that we will copy in the URL bar, That would likely be easy, because twice the screenshots you post actually fail to focus/display the events of where your issue lies (on the first screenshot, the events about moving/stopped are collapsed instead of being expanded unfortunately)

I was about to post the capx myself, actually, so that someone can tinker with the commands and events and whatnot.

And since I still don't have enough reputation, here's a spaced out link.

ht tps : //www . dropbox . com/s/fi6xrwoqkx50qhq/Test%20Two . capx?dl=0

Just a note I added some more stuff, such as a ladder climbing sequence. I'm still working on that in the meantime.
B

Post » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:52 am

I noticed this thread has become a little quiet. Understandable since people are prolly busy, I myself have been making many more sprites for the game (I just got Aseprite for this reason ahaha), so more animations for more commands to come!
B

Post » Wed Sep 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Hello @Robaschi,

Hope this helps:

Link

Cheers!
B
S

Post » Mon Sep 28, 2015 12:41 am

Hey! So i have been working a bit on my test game for a while, and got some things fixed.

I have now implemented a wall-jumping mechanism following a tutorial and to my surprise it actually works! Downside: You slide up instead of jumping off when on the left side.

Sadly this also has made me exceed the limit of what I can do in terms of commands in C2, so sometime on the 1st of October I will have to purchase a license for the full version.

Until then, here's the latest version of my test game.

https: // www. dropbox. com/s/fi6xrwoqkx50qhq/Test%20Two.capx?dl=0
B

Previous

Return to How do I....?